What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What was your experience with WT and where are you at now?

You seem to ask people that a lot when you are debating.

Your answer is "None of your concern."

• godrulz
    godrulz

It helps in communication and I have a short memory. I think people have a right to know that I have never been a JW and that I am a Christian, not a Muslim, for the sake of intelligent dialogue. You don't have to share nuttin if you don't want, but why be on a forum then? I have nothing to hide, so I will gladly answer anything people want to know (except Visa numbers, etc.).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You may think what you like and ask all you wish. It is irrelevant to the points raised and, as I said, none of your concern. It neither adds nor detracts from the debate and, to be honest, your suggestion in another thread about brain damage when you asked proved the real reason, personal attacks.

The BS you just wrote about "intelligent debate" after those comments are, frankly, comically bad attempts to cover up your previous outing of your own intents.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I apologize for the brain damage comment. If it was about free will, your arguments were simply vapid leading to frustration. Feel free to say unkind things to me like everyone else does. Sometimes I might even deserve them. Peace.

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

For godrulz:

26yr. What was your experience with WT and where are you at now?

To tell the whole story, it would read like "Gone With the Wind". I was never a JW but my wife started studying with them after 5 years of marriage. Now there are a lot of things in this world that pluck away at the feathers of a marriage relationship but new feathers can be grown. The WT and its publisher on the other hand attack the very lifeblood of the relationship especially when one of the mates is labeled an unbeliever.

You said in one of your posts that you have a short memory. Mine is very long. I have read the complete bible (even the boring parts) more than a few times. For me the scriptures are much like the ingredients in a cake. If you mix them in the proper quantities and the proper order and bake them at the proper temperature for the right amount of time you end up with a fine cake. You can't add extra or leave anything out. You can't just measure them out and throw them in the oven. They have to be blended evenly together. The Bible is a finished cake and you can't break it down to it's individual ingriedents. When you do you no longer have a cake.

I'm going to quote one of the scriptures (for all the scripture barons) to explain why quoting them is pretty foolish.

2 Timothy 2:

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

And only one other I wish I had paid more attention to when I discovered my wife was having a secret "bible study" with a JW.

2 Timothy 3

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

I often don't know the book, chapter & verse but I do know my bible. Perhaps I don't know the exact words but I do know the intent and I remember where it's at.

IE:

Oh yea, I remember, that stuff about intelligence and foolishness and wisdom. It's in one of the Corinthians and it's in the second column on the left hand page about half way down.

The WT and the organization behind it is a "Destroyer" as surely as is Satan.

That's where I am.

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

Someday I'll figure out the correct procedure for copy and paste.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

Were you ever a JW?

As I said a few posts back NO.

Do you like Piper, Sproul, Packer, Lloyd-Jones, F.F. Bruce, Edwards, etc.? I do....

I have a hard time believing that, when you aline yourself more to Charles Finney than to Christ. You rail against Calvin and Augustine but give no thought to the danger of Pelagianism.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Finney was not a Pelagian (who was extreme, but also misunderstood/misrepresented by Calvinists). This is the same false accusation as Calvinists saying that Arminianism is Pelagian for rejecting Calvinistic principles (straw man). I disagree with Calvinistic theology. Finney rightly attacked the damaging hyper-Calvinism of his day. I have heard Piper and his Calvinistic implications. Calvinism elevates a hyper-sovereignty view above God's love, holiness, etc., more fundamental aspects of who He is. Determinism is not a biblical view, so pick a free will theism. Christ was not a fatalistic Calvinist, nor was Paul. Augustine was unduly influenced by Platonic philosophy and boasted about combining Christianity with Greek philosophy. I like Piper's heart for world evangelism, even though it is inconsistent with his Calvinistic beliefs. F.F. Bruce is a great Pauline scholar even if he is wrong about Calvinism.

If you are going to reject Finney, at least understand him. B.B. Warfield wrote against Finney, but he consistently misquoted him out of context (like WT does with scholars). Warfield attacked a straw man view of Finney. Read the response that gives the full quotes and see how Calvinists misunderstand and misrepresent alternate views.

Having dealt with the Calvinism, Arminian, Open Theist, Molinists debate for years on other forums, so turn Calvinism into a cult/sect, making TULIP the gospel. TULIP is wrong on all points. If Calvinism was biblical, I would be a Calvinist. I believe in the sovereignty of God, but not a hyper-sovereignty view that is not biblical.

This in-house debate is irrelevant on this forum when we are dealing with core issues (salvific) like the Deity of Christ with cultists.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Finney was not a Pelagian (who was extreme, but also misunderstood/misrepresented by Calvinists).

I read what these men say about God, not what others say about them. I take Pelagious at his own word. Just like I take you at yours, like when you tried to tell me what God's rights are.

Your potter has no freedom.

You accuse God of injustice because you don't like or trust His judgement.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

You seem to ask people that a lot

This is because he sees his personal beliefs as a goal and everything else as a beginning. He wants to see how far along you are to his viewpoints, so he knows what's wrong with you. He's extremely arrogant, offensive, and a total ideologue. He has no clue what's in Scripture even though he keeps invoking it. He has no respect for anybody but worships himself and his ideas, while paying hollow lip-service to humility (because that's what a good Christian is supposed to do). He's a broken record and fancies himself a preacher on a pulpit. The more attention you pay him, the more he believes this forum is his congregation of lost souls he must save. Maybe he figures most of the people came from a cult and are looking to join another one; the cult of him. Wanna-be Charles Manson...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit