What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

LOL, I was thinking she taught him everything she knew..........

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Decalogue is revelation from YHWH, not ripped off from pagans.

• designs
    designs

That's what Moses tried to explain to his wife when she saw Summerian lipstick on his collar.......

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

I think the whole Christianity thing is a little bit silly, ripped off from earlier religions, take the best bits, alter it to make it a bit more acceptable, season with a few alleged new truths and amazingly you have a new religion, perfect, just as long as your not too bright, lol!!!!!

Star Tiger

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

His grace and righteousness alone is the basis for my salvation.

That's not what you said earlier, you said;

"...destinies were settled by actual choices,"

"...but destinies are settled by choices during actual lifetimes,"

That is unless of course you're a baby, then you are saved by your age, according to YOU that is.

The Calvinistic mistake is to think that responsive faith (to the conviction/convincing of the Spirit vs causation/coercion) is a work.

You should go back to school and rethink your ideas, that's not a "Calvinistic" mistake. All the Christians I know including "Calvinists", believe faith is a gift, not a work (see Eph2:8).

Go ahead, draw comfort by your boasting, in your actual choice. I'm sure your "actual righteous choice" will place you in the honored place in heaven.

I'll draw comfort in God's choice, his grace and Christ's righteousness.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Christians..........guided by the singular influence of the Holy Spirit all speak in agreement Ha!

You would prefer uniformity, as a sign? You'd like that wouldn't you? Go back to your JW cult. A Christian is saved by God/Christ, not his church's teachings or church attendance.

• designs
    designs

'not by his church's teachings', well where to begin with that huge problem, like in Jesus can't communicate clearly for some odd reason.

DD........I'm done with JWs, Fundamentalists, Evangelicals etc. etc.. I'm now in the world of choices and reality and I'm doing just fine thank you.

Feed the hungry, plant a tree, care for the earth.......that's my life's creed and I'm sticking with it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Feed the hungry, plant a tree, care for the earth.......that's my life's creed and I'm sticking with it.

You forgot one, you left out, making fun of everyone you disagree with. That seems to be at the top of your list.

• godrulz
    godrulz

dog, your view cannot explain why God arbitrarily saves some, but damns many others that He could save if He would only will it. It limits God's provision and love to an elite elect. It is contradicted by many verses that show that God wants all to be saved, commands all to repent/believe, etc.

Eph. 2:8-10 Based on Greek grammar (antecedents), salvation, not faith, is a gift of God. Receiving a free gift (Rom. 6:23) is not a meritorious work. God alone provides and initiates salvation, but faith vs unbelief is a manward issue. By receiving grace or ceasing to resist it, reciprocal love relationship is maintained (vs deterministic causation that makes God's choices arbitrary vs loving/just). In no way does this mean we initiate, earn, or provide it. The grounds (Godward/reason by which) for salvation are grace/person and work of Christ. The conditions of salvation (not without which/manward) are repentant faith/continuance in faith, not works (this is not portrayed as a gift, but as a mental-volitional response to the work of God that is non-coercive, just influential).

Do you believe in TULIP? You did not answer my Christological question, so this peripheral debate is a waste of time at the moment (and moot, non-salvific compared to the Deity of Christ).

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

dog, your view cannot explain why God arbitrarily saves some, but damns many others that He could save if He would only will it.

That really bugs you, doesn't it? God doesn't run the universe the way YOU want him to. I don't need to explain why he does what he does, neither does God. Who said that it's arbitrary? It doesn't matter what man wants or wills. God can have mercy and compassion on anyone he wishes. If God wanted to save every person in the world I'm sure he could easily do it.

It limits God's provision and love to an elite elect. It is contradicted by many verses that show that God wants all to be saved, commands all to repent/believe, etc.

Actually it explains how he saves everyone HE wants to save. John 17:12

You did not answer my Christological question, so this peripheral debate is a waste of time at the moment (and moot, non-salvific compared to the Deity of Christ).

It was sure wasted on you! I'll let you get back to running/ruling your part of the universe.

One more thing, if you want answers from people, you can start by not talking down to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit