To My Fellow Atheists...

by Pika_Chu 77 Replies latest social humour

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Pika, as you know, for the vast majority of atheists, personal revelation is NOT evidence or even admissable in court, LOL !

Fact is that I h ave asked many a non-beleiver what it woudl take to make them believe and the reality is, personal revelation !

But of course that won't convince anyone other that the person it was revealed to and I am not sure how many atheists are entirely comfortable with that and what comes with it.

God speaks to Us every day, he truly does, we just don't want to hear it, not ready to hear it, would rather not hear it and I knwo for me, it was all of the above for the longest time.

There are times I still ignore it, really and at times that I know my life would be easier if I didn't believe.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Well, I wouldn't say I IGNORE God, so much as I would say I legitimately do not hear him TALKING. Having said that, though, I suppose the miscommunication error COULD be on my end, with God talking on the other end. But "could-have-beens" are not proof to me. They are possiblities, but not likelihoods and certainly not definites.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    God speaks to Us every day, he truly does, we just don't want to hear it, not ready to hear it, would rather not hear it...

But how does one differentiate God speaking vs that person's own internal thoughts/subconcious? Why is god so ambiguous that some of us can't tell the difference or don't recognize it? I want my kids to know I'm here for them, without question. I don't care if they aren't ready to hear it or don't want to hear it.

If god exists, he deserves the ultimate hide-and-seek award.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

If "God" is trying to talk to me and I'm just not hearing him, isn't it equally possible that Lur of the planet Omicron Persei 8 is also trying to contact me and I'm just refusing to hear him?

And if I believe either of those things, I'd think a psychological problem is much more likely than either of them being true.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

pikachu, I forgot to mention that I do agree with this statement from the website you referenced:

Although we do not have a complete understanding of the universe, it is possible to prove that certain specific gods could not exist, using logical arguments.
  • Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

SBC

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If you hear God speaking to you you are either off your medication or on something else. God does not speak to mortal men not through his spirit (although you might induce it by drinking spirits) nor through his man-written and edited word.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I apologize for the following sacrilege in advance. Sorry.

The evidence of Tyrannogod is all around us! Hark! Listen to raptor Jesus, his Triassic manifestation! The one who went extinct for your sins! Do you not listen to him? Are you ignoring him because you have been led astray by such unproven Gods as the flying spaghetti monster?!

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Interesting website.

"The Christian definition of evil is anything done by one of God's spirit beings (humans or angels) against Him (or His created beings). As such, God is never responsible for evil - only His created spirit beings."

As seen above, religion gives us a way to rationalize ignoring our own moral compass. When "God's" definitions of "good" and "evil" are used, entirely new standards are created for good and bad. Suddenly, rape and genocide may not be evil anymore, but good or even necessary.

As for me, Raptor Jesus is my shepherd, since he went extinct for my sins.

• cofty
    cofty

God speaks to Us every day, he truly does, we just don't want to hear it, not ready to hear it, would rather not hear it

People at church used to say things like that all the time. Why use such deliberately misleading language? Why not just be honest? God does NOT speak to you or anybody else. What is his voice like? Is it a big booming voice or a quiet whisper? Does he speak English or does he give you the ability to understand a miraculous language? Does he have an accent?

It's just a clever way of saying "I think this or that".

I am not being facetious I am serious. Just be honest god is your sockpuppet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit