How evangelicals and Witnesses are alike

by jgnat 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

godrulz wrote

it is fallacious that there is the same evidence for God as the FSM

Can you point me to a link explaining the fallacy? If you're not sure how to do links, notice in the editor that if you paste a link, you can highlight it and click the button in the toolbar with the little chain link icon.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Xchange:

@godrulz

"Thank you for your sentiments and concern for our welfare because of rejecting your god concept. My hope for you is that you will make it through Ragnarökr. Please, for your sake, do not reject Odin or Thor. In fact, appease them so you can be saved. For if one rejects Odin., et al., - they cannot be saved - sorry. (Of course the gods will be destroyed at Ragnarökr but you could be one of the lucky survivors.)"

• godrulz
    godrulz

http://www.gotquestions.org/flying-spaghetti-monsterism.html Help, I can't find the chainlink.

Most forums link automatically. Get with the program, someone.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Highlight the text of the address you pasted. In the second row of editor toolbars, you will see a little chainlink icon become ungreyed. You can click on it, and a window will pop up asking if you want to make it a link.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Not easy, but I got it. Thx. Good article, huh?

You have created a monster. If I can link, the sky is the limit with valuable resources that save time.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I just read the article. All I saw was that the author said that there are philosophical arguments for God, but one would have to go look them up, and I would look up the atheist rebuttals to them as well. I don't want to go any further off topic on this thread. If you think the FSM argument is a fallacy, you might want to start a new thread about it.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Godrulz:

"There is a big difference between following YHWH, the Living God, and false idols/gods/demons. Are you using the retarded atheistic Flying Spaghetti Monster argument (it is fallacious that there is the same evidence for God as the FSM)?"

God, I agree with you. I'm a firm believer in the Purple People Eater. It can swallow that flying spaghetti tangle in one slurp.

As for your "me god good-your god bad" belief, one man's god is another man's demon.

As far as YaHoo is concerned, please take a look at this to understand why I find myself more than justified in calling your God a demon:

11 If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near

to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him,

and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals,

12 then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her.

Deuteronomy 25:11,12 -New King James Version

• xchange
    xchange

@godrulz

You said " There is a big difference between following YHWH, the Living God, and false idols/gods/demons."

Big is such an ambiguous word in this sentence. That other spiritual zealots of different beliefs/gods would say the same thing about your god doesn't make it a big difference after all.

Are you using the retarded atheistic Flying Spaghetti Monster argument (it is fallacious that there is the same evidence for God as the FSM)?

Being retarded is in the eye of the beholder. Apparently in your case, so is evidence in your estimation. Besides, there is no FSM.

• godrulz
    godrulz

There is God (Gen. 1:1), but there is no FSM. Saying their is no Zeus to follow is not an argument against God's self revelation in creation, Christ, Word.

• xchange
    xchange

Asserting that your version of god exists and is true, is no different than someone claiming that the sky is falling repeatedly. The intended effect is quickly rendered ineffective. I wonder how those Zeus worshippers would have reacted to your assertion that Zeus never revealed himself. Regardless, you might be misguided in thinking that using your blow horn in itself is a logical approach to help us poor traumatized souls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit