I love gays :)

by freeflyingfaerie 46 Replies latest social relationships

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

I might have asked this before, but what mandala is that?

• Leprechaun
  • Leprechaun
  • freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

"I'm hardly appreciative of those who say they love "gays". It comes across as faintly condescending, as if it's necessary to put out there that you love some afflicted, downtrodden group. Don't say you love me or my orientation just quietly get on with your life which includes being a wonderful human being who accepts that not all sexual orientations are "

~I was afraid that my comment my taken that way, as condescending or as patronizing. But i posted it anyway. because there is no need to read between the lines. i am straight and i love gay people, or as zoiks put it, 'i love people'. i noticed that there is still gay-bashing around, and i just wanted to state my experiences with people who might different in sexual orientation.

And yes there are nasty-spirited gay, straight, whatever.

I made my post as i was feeling a warm feeling for some of my closest friends, and its really that simple.

peace and love

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

My apologies if this offends anyone, that's the very last thing I would want. Looking at it again, I could see how it could seem patronizing. It seems that my happy,fuzzy warm feelings backfired on me here~

ps i'm still trying to make sense of this crazy world, so bear with me. I feel like an alien myself most days and have more in common with mermaids and faeries, and find that i'm naturally drawn to unusual things and people~ people who go against the grain , and follow their inner, deepest passion , be it with art, sexuality....

• steve2
    steve2

That's cool fff. As I said, despite what I say, in my heart you're a wonderful person. Just as I accept there is more than a whiff of defensiveness in my response, acept that there's more than a whiff of defensiveness in yours. Won't it be great when civilization reaches a time when sexuality is as ho-hum as hair colour.Having said that, there were some truly nasty jokes about redheads doing the rounds a while back....

• steve2
    steve2

Liberty93, I hope I don't live near you too. It would make me less than perfect!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

steve2, yes it would be great to see humanity evolve socially

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

freeflyingfaerie- and i'm sure the gayz love you too!!! lol, true, there's always a nasty gay here and there, but everyone's different, and more often then not, they(we? i'm openly bi) are very understanding, them having gone through some unspeakable terrors due to their sexuality. You're pretty awesome!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    and at the same time I'm hardly appreciative of those who say they love "gays". It comes across as faintly condescending, as if it's necessary to put out there that you love some afflicted, downtrodden group.

I meant no disrespect or condensention, I apologize if I offended you.

As JWs we were taught that homos were disgusting, they choose to be gay because of their un-controlled lust, and gross thoughts that they linger upon instead of banishing from there heads.

My ex-JW husband was/is a gay man. he tried despretly to be straight and did everything the society told him to do, he was considered the golden boy in his hall. Well as you can imagine, after many years of marraige and a couple of kids, it finally all come crashing down on our heads, he was coming out.

The first thing I did was research everything I could find in the societys literature. the society realy didn't have a lot to say about it other then it was forbidden and your gonna die of you do it. No understanding or insigtfulness and no cures (haha), just "jah hates you"

However, I remember one article in particular, I think it was from the early 70's and it actually spoke a little more about it. In this article, they used the terms homosexual and pedophile interchageably. This really made something in my head go pop, i started getting an ldea that they did not have all the answers and started looking outside the org.

I wont bore you with all the details but I read everything I could get my hands on. I rationalized homosexuality in all sorts of ways. trying to make what the bible society said and what I saw, fit together. I even had a really good theory going for a while but that eventually lost all believablility also.

We went to marraige counseling for eight years, going through several counselors. We fired two in a row that basically said that he needed to come out and i needed to get on with my life. But we didn't want to hear that. We found a christian (worldly) counselor that believed it could all be sorted out and we could live happily ever after. And a few more years of our lives were wasted.

Anyhoo, for me, it took quite a bit of reading and experience to completely debunk everything the society said about this issue. If I had not experienced it, I would probably still have irrational fears about homosexuals like some of the posters here do. I would like to see everyone get over it just like getting over the idea that women or minorities are inferior somehow.

I hope this is somewhat coherant, Im all hopped up on cold meds so maybe it isn't. Sorry if I offended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit