Anyone understand the Federal Reserve System?

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest social current

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't. But I want to educate myself. Like all Jw's, I didn't give a shit about those sorts of things, unless there was an article in the magazine we were placing that month. And even then, a very shallow understanding is all that I wanted or needed to 'place' the magazine. Then, after leaving Jw's, I have had a full plate of self-education for the past 7 years. That education has taken me all over the map, and I am truly thankful for having retrieved my mind from the holding-pen it once occupied.

I am about to undergo an effort now to understand the Federal Reserve System in the United States, but honestly, have no idea where to start. I don't think it is what it appears to be, but don't know who to trust in mining that information. The people on this board have always shown such great diversity of knowledge, in so many areas, that I thought it might be the prudent place to start.

Recommendations? Ideas? Suggested reading?

Thank you. I am headed off to work, but will check in later.

Namaste.

Jeff

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Although I've heard he's a little kooky, I thought G. Edward Griffin's book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" was pretty interesting.

• freydo
    freydo

THE FED IS BUYING US TREASURIES.
    I was thinking about this the other night.

What if you're a kid with an allowance, but you want something beyond your allowance, so you go to mom. She says she'll have to ask dad. Dad says OK, but we'll have to cut your allowance, because I have to sign an IOU at the bank. So the bankster prints up some phony money - you get what you want and mom is happy. Repeat this a number of times and you're left with no allowance and you're mad at mom and dad cause they won't continue to support your habit. Meanwhile the bankster has done well while you go broke. In addition, you were never very popular at school. Your trinkets made you even less popular, but you were able to buy some friends by buying sodas and what not. But Now you can't even do that so they want nothing to do with you at all. So you're broke and totally marginalized. And if mom and dad cave to your whining - they go broke too.

The players:

Mom and Dad = Congress(they argue over what you're entitled to)
    Bankster = Fed(collect interest on phony money lent to you)
    School chums = Foreigners
    Taxes = Reduced Allowance

As Debt Ceiling Isn't Raised, 'Headache' For Cities, States Begins Friday

William Alden
    [email protected]

NEW YORK -- "As the federal government approaches its legal debt ceiling and scrambles to avoid default, the first losers will be cities and states.

Starting Friday, the U.S. Treasury will stop issuing special securities that help state and local governments pay for their debt, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner announced in a letter to Congress this week. This freeze, the first in a series of "extraordinary measures" undertaken by the Treasury to avoid a federal default, could pose difficulties for local governments nationwide, making it more complicated for strapped localities to manage their already weak finances..........."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/debt-ceiling-treasury-slgs_n_857238.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%7C60438

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

THe federal Reserve is the illuminati, they are smoke and mirrors they make something out of nothing.

they are the Jewish Jehovah.

They lend the United States money that they, the federal reserve dont have and charge us interest for

lending us the money that they print with nothing to back it up. Creating a debt that we cant get out from under.

Making us their slaves.

The Illuminati are the people that gave us the Watchtower bible and tract society, the Catholic Church,

Obama and Osama, both Bushes and the Clintons.

The Illuminati are the Jewish Bankers who run this world. To some they are God to some they are Satin.

Oh yeah, and they also compiled and edited the bible.

They gave us Hitler and the Holocost.

They are headqurtered in London.

THe Federal reserve has nothing to do with the United States government and everything to do with Jewish Bankers.

Its a private corporation.

If you want to read about it you can read "the Illuminati, the cult that hijacked the world" by Henry Makow.

Henry Makow has a phd in English literature and he is a Jew.

THe Illuminati/ Federal reserve is the shadow government, the puppet masters, the people who tell Obama, and all

world leaders what to do. And if they dont do it they kill them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are no Illuminati. Wikipedia will have a short article with links and book references. Reading the Federal Reserve Bank's website will give you a basic explanation. I've been interested in this for decades. If I could audit a Federal Reserve course, I would. Of course, if I lived in Manhattan, about four or five different colleges would offer it. It is confusing. I recommend neutral point of view short summaries first. In my quest to understand, I read a book about the development of central banking in Europe. Alexander Hamilton established the first central bank. As you may know, it was very controversial. It was the main item of political discussion in the US for many years. Reading some biographies of Hamilton has helped me get closer.

From my own experience, I've found problems accessing material on my own. I need to know a bit more than wikipedia or the Fed's web site. Economists write complicated books. I'd like something in between. As I write this post, an idea popped into my head for the first time. The Fed must have a public office in DC. Perhaps I should just call and ask them what I could read. Another thought is to call a colleg prof in Intro. Economics and ask for reading material. If it is a very brief conversation, they don't seem to mind.

Hamilton argued that the United States needed to establish credit and to pay its debts. Nongovernmental banks were poorly capitalized and which state's bank would get the business for an entire country that they all felt should expand very far out west. The US wanted to issue bonds and securities. I've read documentary collection of writings for and against the bank. I often don't comprehend the discussion. My interest is American history and the Fed or the concept of a central bank dominated the politcal landscape for decades. Andrew Jackson was adamantly opposed to the bank. Jefferson was another opponent. A lot of it was urban (Hamilton, WAshington) vs. rural (the Virgianians).

• freydo
    freydo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwjoOrVVx8&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Anybody that thinks they don't exist are either brain dead or one or them.

May 1st, 2011, the Illuminati turned 235! Their present to us? A "dead" Bin Laden! Symbolism?
    May 1st was the same day Adolf Hitler was declared "dead"!

May 1st - High holiday of Communism

May 1st - Pope JP II "Beautified"

"The movement was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five,[1] by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830),[2] who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt.[3] The movement was made up of freethinkers as an offshoot of the Enlightenment, and seems to have been modeled on the Freemasons.[4]

In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne", allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, the Illuminati are believed to be the masterminds behind events that will lead to the est@blishment of a New World Order."

http://slumz.boxden.com/f605/may-2-illuminatis-235th-birthday-present-osama-bin-laden-dead-1538274/

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Anybody that thinks they don't exist are either brain dead or one or them.

This is one of those rare occasions when I have to agree with you freydo.

I also agree with jaguarbass, 100 percent. The Dark Cabal has been running this world for 13 millennia, to the detriment of everyone else. They are responsible for EVERY deception, in one way or another. They are the only group that fits the bill of "Babylon the Great". They are Satanists that have come down to us mostly through the Khazarian bloodline.

The illegal and unconstitutional Federal Reserve Act was passed at 11:45 PM on Christmas Eve, 1913. Not co-incidentally, they had enough funds to start the first of their planned Three World Wars.....

http://www.threeworldwars.com/

.... the following year. This is when these shadow government parasites get things done, when nobody's around. Clinton did some similar late-night shenanigans with Congress when he was on his way out.

This is one of the best articles on the Fed I've seen so far....

The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATELY OWNED Corporation

http://www.rense.com/ufo2/fedrez.htm

By the way, they're not getting their third world war...it simply is not being allowed.

• VIII
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Ron Paul, a Libertarian, who is running again for president on the Republican ticket, is a staunch supporter for auditing the Federal Reserve. He has some interesting takes on it that you might find interesting.

http://www.ronpaul.com/congress/legislation/audit-the-federal-reserve-fed-hr-459-s202/

• Robdar
    Robdar

My husband is an economics professor. I was turned on to the following movie and he watched it with me. Although he didn't agree with the entire documentary, he thinks it's pretty spot on. If you have 3.5 hours to spend, watch the movie and you will have a much better understanding of the federal reserve and fractional reserve banking practices which, by the way, began with the Bank of England in the 17th century. Here's the link:

http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/money_masters.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit