Anyone understand the Federal Reserve System?

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

oh, and please stop blaming the joos. Gentiles are in on this crap too.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am mostly certainly not brain dead. The complexity of the Federal Reserve is hard for most people (including myself) to grasp. Banking is complicated iin general. Banking and commercial law are incoherent compared to almost any other field. The law and practices emerged in London and to some degree Holland during the MIddle Ages.

I would argue for finding out what it is, then reading both sides of the control side. Jews might appear to control banking because for centuries Europe had strict laws forbidding Christians to practice usury and interest was defined as usury. If Jews dominated, this was because of religious prejudice. European society needed banking services so they were forced to turn the Jews. The Rotschild family was very prominent. Jews were welcome, then they were completely expelled, over and over again. It is ludicrous to believe there was a Jewish conspiracy at any point in time. Jews were barred from practicing other professions, trades. There was such hatred yet they were essential. Kings became very enmeshed with Jewish banking families. Jews as Jews is a very different story. For me, it is similar to saying all Americans are like the Rockefellers and Gates.

The concept of a central bank no longer seems controversial. AntiSemiticism clearly reigns until the present. The Founders found central banking extremely controversial. From my readings, it also seems that people either heartily supported a central bank or were adamnantly opposed. I've read few middle of the road readings. The Internet has a wealth of material on both sides. How could we function in a global society without a central bank? I feel it is important to know and understand both views. Hence, neutral material first and opinion later.

Another great source would be a British magazine called The Economist. It is the leading economics and politcal magazine worldwide. I love it because it more than reports facts the way newspapers do. It is written in a nonAmerican voice yet b/c of the impact of American policy on the rest of the world, American actions are primarily reported. The problem is that it is very expensive. Any public library should have it available. The magazine appears to cover most mainstream opinions when it reports. The Economist is sort of the Mercedes Benz of economics reporting.

I believe the Fed is so important to our lives that all high school students should have rudimentary knowledge of it. With my Ivy League education, I was only briefly exposed to it. If I did not take American history, I doubt it would have been mentioned. Its importance is so real that I've been playing catch up ever after. Most high school students have no idea when the Civil War happened but I can fantasize.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Woodrow Wilson’s Biggest Regret

The inception of the Federal Reserve Bank in 1913 was approved by the Woodrow Wilson government. This was Wilson’s regretful statement, in hindsight:

“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world, no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” –Woodrow Wilson, President of The U.S.A.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

President Reagan asked innocently, "Where do all our income tax payments go?" He created the "Grace Commission" to find out.

Brief summary: Your Income Tax payments completely disappear.

"In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.

- 'Grace Commission' under President Ronald Reagan"

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

The Daily Paul?

Band on the run, Myron C Fagan devoted his life in exposing money hungry groups. These groups diguised themselves. What did he know about them? Type his name in the internet and you'll get what you need to know. There's another character that was well informed about these groups, I'll save his name for now.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Federal Reserve is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States.

You can divide the Federal Reserve’s duties into four general areas:
    1. Conducting monetary policy
    2. Regulating banking institutions and protecting the credit rights of consumers
    3. Maintaining the stability of the financial system
    4. Providing financial services to the U.S. government

Meaning, that although the bank does make money… it is the central and sole government-bank that effectively manages all of the cash flow in the United States.

Elizabeth A. Duke Federal Reserve Governor

At the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Dean's Speaker Series, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

"The Federal Reserve is an independent entity within the federal government in that its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or any other executive branch official. The Congress, through the Federal Reserve Act, sets the Federal Reserve's goals and oversees it, but the Federal Reserve decides independently how to achieve its congressionally mandated goals. The ability to make monetary policy decisions that are free of short-term political influence is critical for central banks. This is especially true because the effective conduct of monetary policy requires a long-term perspective. A central bank that is subject to political pressure might opt for policies that favor rapid expansion in the near term at the expense of higher inflation in the future. Such actions would surely result in the loss of the confidence and credibility that are needed to achieve the objectives of monetary policy. Indeed, research has shown that countries with independent central banks have better economic performance and lower inflation than countries whose central banks are not independent.

The structure of the Federal Reserve is uniquely American in its decentralization. The Federal Reserve System is made up of the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., and 12 Federal Reserve Banks across the country. The seven members of the Board of Governors are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Each Reserve Bank has a board of directors drawn from business, public, labor, nonprofit, and banking leadership within its district. In consultation with the Board of Governors, the Reserve Bank directors choose a president to run the bank.The Board of Governors oversees the Reserve Banks and is responsible for formulating bank regulations; supervising banks; and for making decisions regarding lending, other than discount window lending, to depository institutions.

The Federal Reserve was originally created to guard against financial panics. But in modern times, many people think of its primary role as responsibility for monetary policy. The Congress has given the Federal Reserve two objectives, known as our dual mandate, to foster maximum employment and price stability. In its conduct of monetary policy, the Fed influences the level of output and the level of prices in the economy through changes to interest rates and credit conditions.

The Reserve Banks provide financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. gov­ernment, and foreign official institutions, including making discount window loans and playing a major role in operating the nation's payments system. Under delegated authority from the Board, the Reserve Banks also conduct on-site supervision of bank holding companies and state-chartered banks that choose to join the Federal Reserve System.

Monetary policy decisions are made by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). While all 12 Reserve Bank Presidents and all members of the Board of Governors participate in FOMC discussions, the voting members of the FOMC are made up of the members of the Board of Governors, the President of the New York Reserve Bank, and four of the remaining Presidents on a rotating basis.

The culture of the Federal Reserve is an interesting blend of government, academia, and business. Differences of opinion regularly occur, but they are a source of strength rather than conflict within the institution. They add liveliness to the debate and richness to the decisionmaking process. The System is a treasure trove of data, research, and institutional memory about the economy and the financial system."

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry for the small print, couldn't get it normal size

• sammielee24

sammielee24, good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit