Anyone understand the Federal Reserve System?

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest social current

• freydo
    freydo

I've always wondered why:

if the government prints the money why does the Fed loan it out and the government doesn't even get any interest?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My point is that no one here screaming illuminati coud detail what is wrong with the concept of a central bank. How is the United States supposed to raise money through securities, pay its obligations and set monetary policy. Many hot constitutional issues that were gray in 1789 have been upset by a modern nation state. I'm not arguing that it is peachy keen. My argument is know what you are talking about. The objective facts.

Antisemitism drives me crazy. It is never the Rothschilds. Always, the Jews. Which Jews b/c I lived and worked where more Jews live than any other place in the earth and I've seen very poor neighborhoods. Rich Jews do exist but so did rich WASPs. It is very sad in this day to see antisemitism trumpeted as acceptable. Sometimes Jewish people get on my nerves if they do things not consistent with my culture. It is not all Jews. Also, who am I to determine for the planet earth what is acceptable. I'm American, Christian and Eastern and proud ot it. There is a whole planet out there besides me.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Here's an interesting article on the only state owned bank in America. Bank Of North Dakota.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2009/03/how-nation%E2%80%99s-only-state-owned-bank-became-envy-wall-street

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Hi AK Jeff.

I think this video, produced by the Mises Institute, is a great place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZM58dulPE

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Anyone understand the Federal Reserve System?

Don't have a clue. Have a nice day.

• Berengaria
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WOW.

This will take some time to sort out. Thanx for the leads. Keep it coming.

Jeff

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Hi AK. I just watched the video I posted. It has been years since I last saw it. It was made in the late 1990s.

I forgot how good it was. I do recommend it. It gives a great overview on the history of the development of money and the Federal Reserve. It is very educational.

Berengaria should keep an open mind and watch it as well. I welcome her comments.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I am simply pointing out that if you are going to explore a source of information, it's a good idea to know the ideological bias of said source.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Watch the video on its own merits. Then tell me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit