I don't get this...Jesus' birth and death

by poopsiecakes 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

I've often wondered how Princess Leia can claim to recall remembering her mother (albeit very little; "she died when I was very young") and Luke has no memory at all when they were twins whose mother died at childbirth...

And according to the New Revised Scriptures revealed to Saint Lucas, when Annakin died and joined the misty netherworld of the Force, he became young again, while Obi-wan remaind an old man.... Why is that?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We know this because the Bible indicates

Can't KNOW anything because the Bible indicates it. At best, one can "assume to be the case."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    And according to the New Revised Scriptures revealed to Saint Lucas, when Annakin died and joined the misty netherworld of the Force, he became young again, while Obi-wan remaind an old man.... Why is that?

He changed it from the original version, in which Anakin was an old man. I can only speculate that he wanted to depict Anakin as a Jedi, before he turned to the dark side.

I hope that sheds some light on the matter of the actual date of Jesus's birth.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

UC, most people won't get how that applies here. Good job.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The birth days and age of most historical figures are a bit muddled, to say the least.

While his birth year is a bit at odds, the year of his birth, based onwhen the passover was and astronomical evidence ( the eclipse for example), gives us the date of either 30 or 33 ad, bur probably 33 AD but the calc's of most scholars that think the matter of some importance ( not many do though).

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

OTWO: UC, most people won't get how that applies here. Good job.

I, too, appreciated your facetiousness, UC. I tried the same thing on a thread the other day using a study the nuances of the Klingon language and I'm pretty sure it went largely unnoticed.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I too get it. The difference is the Good News of the Empire has some sound evidence of being real. Recent discoveries of certain fragments on an ancient meteorite point to technology that closely matches the Death Star.

On the other hand - there seems to be no evidence whatsoever to back to the claims made by the Judeo Christian Legends, no more than any evidence presented by L Ron Hubbard or JR Tolkien.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Love you guys!

• unshackled
    unshackled

I can only speculate that he wanted to depict Anakin as a Jedi, before he turned to the dark side.

Keyser nailed it. Obiwan never wavered so he appears as his state when he died. But didn't Vader redeem himself, becoming Anakin once again when he passed? Not sure it makes sense, George.

Regarding Leia remembering her mother...she recalled "she was very beautiful". Huh? Musta been the jedi senses.

Finally...regardin Jedi Jesus...where the hell was he from early teens to his 30s?? Details we need to know.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Jesus was born on September 14/15, 2 BC.

Herod died on Shebat 2, 1 AD. His chronology was revised by his son who wanted to begin his rule earlier.

Jesus died on Thursday, Nisan 20th, 33 CE, after a 3.5-year ministry.

He must die on a Thursday since that is "three nights" to Saturday night, when he rose.

So those thinking he died on a Friday and that he died the same day he ate passover are not following scripture, although, John 19:14 is mistranslated. It has Jesus' trial occurring the same day he dies, which is impossible. You can't have a noon-time trial, followed by a third-hour (9 p.m.) impalement followed by a noon-time darkness. That takes two days. But when we check the Greek syntax at John 19:14 we find it actually indicates this was the day before "preparation" instead of on preparation as falsely translated.

Here's a video on that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sTytu9eA7Q

Also a video on how we understand the reference of the governorship of Quirinius during the same time Herod was ruler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TepIl6_CkTY

Enjoy!

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit