StandFirm Says The Watchtower Society Has Never Lied!

by LostGeneration 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They twist fingers together behind their backs. Voila- no lie. Give us a break.

God lives in the Palaides ( prob. misspelled). Aluminum is bad. Miracle Wheat is a miracle. Christ returned in 1914 --only it was invisible. Makes one wonder what Christ is hiding. OUt of all the illustrious world religions with their great works of charity, political power, art, music, theology - he chose a bunch of jerks in Pittsburgh and Brooklyn to be his sole conduit to humans. Is that believeable? Joseph Smith encourtered the angel Moroni who gave him sci fit lit in Westerchester, NY of all places. Westchester.

Armageddon will come in 1975. All the other Armageddon dates. My mom knew close family members who sold all their assets and ascended a mountain. They were thoroughly ruined. The UN is the beast in Revelation, the most evil of all politcal institutions that ever existed. Yes, worse than the Roman Empire that executed Jesus/Michael. Now it is a ok. Night and day.

So many of their lies are not subtle but very dramatic. Jesus definitely had no beard. I saw the chalice that they used to bolster that worship item. Does anyone notice that they encourage no one to read Russell or Rutherford. The mansion for the princes. My mom was taught that Moses, Noah, Daniel, et al. would be at the next convention and live in a wondrous mansion, fitting their status. She wore a special outfit to greet Kings David and Solomon. They were a big no show.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is a lie that says it is Christ on the horse of Revelation 6:2

and the rider is "to complete his conquest"

Mockers with their mockery

They will by no not* flee * http://concordances.org/greek/3361.htm

3361 m? (a particle which functions as an adverb) – no , not . 3361 ( m? ) negates " subjectively ," ruling out any implications (" suggestions ") that could be involved with what should ( could , would ) apply .

What is his conquest? Peace and security. That is what he is after. What's wrong with that?

Security belongs EXCLUSIVELY to the Righteous JUDGE. He is ONE. Ask anyone.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Or not

• designs
    designs

As Bill Clinton would say: 'Define Lie".

• N.drew
    N.drew

"Ask anyone".

A non believer will say there is no real security. Wisdom and good choices can have an affect toward security but no one should ever consider themselves immune to all unfortunate events.

A believer will say that true security belongs to the Almighty, and no one else.

Is there a third class? I think there should not be, do you?

Has not the Watchtower put themselves in a third class? Which is security (relative security as long as you keep obeying them) belongs to them. I don't believe it, do you?

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

StandFirm said on his blog, "So, are all you opposers up for the challenge? Can you show me where the Witness organization knew something was false but said it anyway?"

The Watchtower and most everyone on this planet know they have many false prophecies yet they try to act as if they never happened in many cases. Notice:

The following quotes were published in the May 1, 1997 Watchtower:

“JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!”

The same article in the May 1, 1997 Watchtower quotes ISAIAH 44:25, 26 as the theme scripture, “I am . . . the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.”

Another quote from this same Watchtower article:

“These deceivers continued in their mad course of predicting things against God’s will. So Jehovah God told Ezekiel: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who are walking after their own spirit, when there is nothing that they have seen!”

“As for Isaiah, all his divine messages about Jerusalem came true. In the summer of 607 B.C.E., the Babylonians destroyed the city and took a Jewish remnant back to Babylon as captives. ( 2 Chronicles 36:15-21 ; Ezekiel 22:28 ; Daniel 9:2 ) Did these calamities stop the false prophets from bombarding God’s people with vain babblings? No, those lying messengers kept at it!” Notice how the Watchtower describes liars here!

“…all people living then saw God’s ‘bared arm’ exerting power in human affairs in order to bring about the astounding salvation of a nation. They were given unimpeachable proof that Isaiah and Ezekiel were Jehovah’s true messengers. No one could doubt that Zion’s God was the only living and true God in all the earth. At Isaiah 35:2 , we read: “There will be those who will see the glory of Jehovah, the splendor of our God.” Those who accepted this proof of Jehovah’s Godship turned to worshiping him.”

Where is the “unimpeachable proof” that Jehovah’s Witnesses are Jehovah’s true messengers? Is there anything that they predicted that actually came true? We know they will point to 1914 as a fulfilled prophecy but the truth is nothing they said came true. Just the opposite. 1914 passed and the leaders were thrown into prison. They wrongly applied prophecy to that as well. What do all of the onlookers in the world think about these messengers? Have they been given this “unimpeachable proof” that they are the true messengers of God? We all know what they would say if we asked them that question.

“How thankful we should be that Jehovah identifies his true messengers! He is indeed “the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” ( Isaiah 44:26 ) The restoration prophecies he gave Isaiah and Ezekiel magnify his great love, undeserved kindness, and mercy toward his servants. Surely, Jehovah deserves all our praise for this! And we today should be especially thankful that he exposes false messengers. This is because there are many of them now on the world’s scene. Their grandiose messages ignore Jehovah’s announced purposes.”

What can we say to this? Honestly it boggles my mind. I truly do feel sorry for those who wrote this and those who believe it. Could there be a clearer case of blindness? Jehovah has not carried out “completely” the council of these messengers. The word “completely” leaves no room for error. True messengers of Jehovah have their messages come true and are backed by “unimpeachable proof” like Isaiah and Ezekiel could claim.

Please consider Romans 2:17-24 , “If, now, you are a Jew in name and are resting upon law and taking pride in God, and you know his will and approve of things that are excellent because you are orally instructed out of the Law; and you are persuaded that you are a guide of the blind, a light for those in darkness, a corrector of the unreasonable ones, a teacher of babes, and having the framework of the knowledge and of the truth in the Law— do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself? You, the one preaching “Do not steal,” do you steal? You, the one saying “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You, the one expressing abhorrence of the idols, do you rob temples? You, who take pride in law, do you by your transgressing of the Law dishonor God? For “the name of God is being blasphemed on account of YOU people among the nations; just as it is written.”

In an effort to reach my brothers I would like to ask the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses these questions, “You who condemn others who made false predictions do you make false predictions? You who condemn others for false teaching have you taught false teachings?” It must be pointed out to you that because of not practicing what you preach “the name of God is being blasphemed on account of YOU people among the nations; just as it is written.”

Please consider Matthew 12:37 , “…for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Do the words written by the Watchtower about false messengers declare them as “righteous” or “condemned?” I will leave that call up to God but I don’t want to be standing to close when the Watchower is judged…

All of this is proof that the Watchtower does willingly outright lie to hide the truth about their history. Claiming that they are true messengers of God when in fact, they know God has not carried out completely their words, makes them liars! They condemn themselves with their own words!

This was first posted here: http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/11/jehovah-god-is-the-grand-identifier-of-his-true-messengers/

More proof of outright lies here: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/jehovahs-prophet.php

With Christian love to all,

Your brother in Christ,

Greybeard

http://www.jwstruggle.com

• N.drew
    N.drew

Great thought provoking post Greybeard.

I will leave that call up to God but I don’t want to be standing too close when the Watchower is judged…

Numbers 16:24

"Speak to the congregation, saying, 'Get back from around the dwellings of Korah, Dathan and Abiram.'"

What was their sin?

3 They assembled together against Moses and Aaron, and said to them, “You have gone far enough, for all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the L ORD is in their midst; so why do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the L ORD ?”

Who is present to lead us? The Son of God. Who is exalting themselves above him? The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

God is a spirit. Who is lifting up the organization OVER the spirit? Jehovah's Witnesses are. Why do they do it? Tradition. They make the Word of God invalid because of their tradition.

• N.drew
    N.drew

2 Peter 3:12

looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

Does it say?

The heavens being on fire will dissolve the elements with burning fire to melt.

40 “So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41 “The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I do believe they lie when they say that the heavens will be dissolved (destroyed).

If you believe the Bible you know fire can't hurt faith.

Heaven is not destroyed. Man made that up.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

For Stand Firm and others to say that they didn't lie because they did not intend to decieve is a straw man to distract us from the real lie:

The WT lies continually about what they said and did not say.

The did NOT point to 1914 as the beginning of the end; they said it was the end of the end.

And a hundred other things like that. They change the past so much it sometimes feels like 1984 was written about them, not INGSOC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit