StandFirm Says The Watchtower Society Has Never Lied!

by LostGeneration 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So what do you htink?

I do not know. I do not know how to htink...

Why did you let the she-bears thread die, n.Drew?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Why did you let the she-bears thread die, N.drew?

I think I did not let it die.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You do know how to tinkle (do you notice the four letters are the same?) Haha. Do you know how to think while you tinkle ? I never wondered that before but TV has! snort

• N.drew
    N.drew

No! TV doesn't have a mind to wonder. That's odd.

• N.drew
    N.drew

oh Lord! Someone will think snort means drugs. I don't know how I know that. But it means laugh so your nose amke makes a sound like "snort!" Oh god, shamus knows!

• N.drew
    N.drew

If I had a better avatar it wouldn't appear so much like I'm a thread hog. That's true.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think I did not let it die.

Maybe it did not die. Maybe it is just hibernating.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Revelation 18:5

NWT "for her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind."

According to the doctrine O Jehovah's Witnesses "her sins" means all the crimes against humanity that Babylon the Great fomented.

But I believe that is a lie.

I think "sin" in this context means error that is bonding with heaven itself. It can be one sin or many. It does not mean a great number of sins, of that I am sure. To teach so is another lie.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Heaven will defend itself. No one can say heaven should not defend itself. (But many have tried.) That is why accurate knowledge is essential because without it one can not know what that "sin" is which is describe at Revelation 18:5 and cease.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I saw a post today that reminded me of another mistaken interpretation they use that misleads. I can't call it a lie but it is something the Watchtower teaches that they can't know. It is in the class of things said that go beyond the things written.

Lot's wife. They were commanded not to look back. Lot's wife looked back. She turned to a pillar of salt. The End. Someone might rightly argue what really happened and that's OK. But the Watchtower teaches the reason why she looked back. They say she looked back because she was longing for her material prosperity and comfort.

That is going beyond the things written. The Bible does not say why she looked back. But the Bible says alot about salt. None of it having to do with materialism imo. "You are the salt of the Earth" said Jesus to the believers. Really? Is it the same salt that Lot's wife turned into? Oh no, can't be salt like that. She was selfish. Jesus' dsciples are not selfish. It's a different kind of salt. There are different kinds? Hell ya, go to the salt counter of any fancy health food store.

I believe they are wrong about why she looked back. Does it make a difference? I think so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit