Do You Blame Your Current Life's Issues Because You Were A JW?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Nope. I've been out for about 6 years now and that is quite a bit of time to come to terms with my past as a JW. I've really made my peace with it and moved on. I know I'll never fall into the main stream faiths, I know I'll rather walk my path as I feel directed. I'm all about living a great life now.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Interesting post, Minimus.

No, I don't blame my problems on JW. I entered this religion of my own volition. Coming from a dysfunctional home life and living a very reckless existence makes one wonder if there is something more to offer in life. I felt the JWs offered that through the teachings that were "bible-based". I was looking forward to paradise, but then I began to rationalize that that concept is many years off and may never come in my lifetime. I need to live a life now instead of waiting on a concept that may never happen or was never real to begin with. Then I started seeing the lies of this religion and decided I had enough.

Currently, I say being in a global recession and living in a very apathetic area contributes to some of my issues. However, in the end, I blame more on myself for not striving for the things I want and need in life. But, I am slowly getting there.

Thanks, unshakled for that positive quote.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I said to my wife today that we could have cleared our mortgage within 2 years of moving into our house easily in the eighties. The only reason i didnt was i truly believed i wouldn't be here in this system in 2011.

I probably will never clear it now.

(It wasn't because I was materialistic but that I didn't want to be)

• kokyong.soon3
    kokyong.soon3

to blame on the jws seems a bit irresponsible. but currently i do not know what to do with life's issues, i am living in the doldrums.

• minimus
    minimus

Blaming the Witnesses for everything doesn't help you out now. The key is, we all have has a JW history. It's what we do with it, now.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

unless your preparing a PTSD lawsuit because you have clinical proof of Watchtower and elders wrongdoing

• Pickler
    Pickler

I think using the word "blame" implies that you are not taking responsibility for your own issues.

I know I've made my own problems, by being aloof, a bad communicator etc etc.

Plenty of other xJW seem to speak/emote freely.

I probably would have struggled a bit due to my nature anyway, but, the JW made things so much worse.

i do blame the JW for lying about the end of the world, what a load of crap.

Telling children this rubbish over & over is a form of child abuse.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

It's crazy seeing Oompa's posts on this thread. How long has it been now? And of all thread topics! Reminds of lyrics from a favorite song, although in this case it would go,

Posts on old threads from friends who've died since

Another reason to get further bent.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I so need!!! to hear this right now!!! :) You all are smart... I need help. :( wish I found a church or some kind of support group. I wish I had more time on my hands... I have two babies and I just don't have time. It sucks sometimes... I can't avoid this feeling in my head forever... this questions. When I do focus on the now and see my babies I am greatful but there still is this big hole in me.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow I'm slow I didn't realize this is an old thread... I just happened to look up at Theocratic Sedition's comment. RIP Oompa.. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit