how would you interpret this wt cover?

by therevealer 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Now... is this a real WT cover or a parody?

IF it is a real cover - Then the WT using evolution imagery (which most people would recognise) I'd thought would only be in a poor light - so I'd guess at these people are 'Worldly' and showing they are accomplishing nothing between cradle to grave. Thus the subliminal (by their standards) message of false beliefs=meaningless life.

• pontoon
    pontoon

I don't know what the hell it means and don't care, BUT for those of you trying to date the kid with the bike I can help. The bike he is pushing is a Schwinn Black Phantom. It had a spring front fork and was the company's best bike. It was first made I think in 1949. They weighed 79 lbs!!! I don't remember all the details, but Schwinn is now making them again. The old ones are collectables, depending on the condidtion may be worth $2,000 and up.

• transhuman68
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I actually thought it was a JW on the cover. It seems to be the life cycle for so many JWs. Work a crappy job, go out in service, end up old and angry.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Reminds me of the last scenes in the movie 2001.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

according to the title give meaning to your life, HOW? I would say the picture is saying Life does have a meaning no matter where you are, what u do, or what your age is. Just listen to us and will tell u what and how to find meaning.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    IF it is a real cover - Then the WT using evolution imagery (which most people would recognise) I'd thought would only be in a poor light - so I'd guess at these people are 'Worldly' and showing they are accomplishing nothing between cradle to grave. Thus the subliminal (by their standards) message of false beliefs=meaningless life.

There is no parody as this is a genuine WT cover.

The above summation is therefore accurate.

I showed this to a friend who has never been a JW and knows piss-all about them and asked what he thought it depicted . . .

He said "Looks like a life well-lived . . . nothing meaningless about that!"

So as the ball thudded into the catchers mit . . . the umpire called "strike"

The WTS assumes all non-JW's see life as meaningless . . . they're just pretenders in the game of life who can't really see the ball.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In the New System, the black shall become white.

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin?? ?What the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? ... a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white." Watchtower 1904 February 15 pp.52-53

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    Can the Ethiopian change his skin?? ?What the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? ... a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white." Watchtower 1904 February 15 pp.52-53

Do you have a scan of that ?

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I found this:

http://www.biblestudents.com/htdbv5/zwt0345.htm

"CAN THE ETHIOPIAN CHANGE HIS SKIN?"

----------

We answer, No. But all will admit that what the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question, How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. [R3320 : page 53] God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time.

Prof. H. A. Edwards, Supt. of Schools in Slater, Mo., has written for the public press an elaborate description of how Julius Jackson, of New Frankfort, Mo., a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines. Realizing that his story would be doubted, he interested Dr. F. A. Howard, chief division surgeon of the Chicago and Alton Ry., who corroborates the statement in the following published extract from a letter:

"I am obliged to you for an opportunity of seeing and examining the negro child, Julius Jackson.

"I found his heart action, respiration and temperature perfectly normal and his mental faculties seem acute for one of his age.

"The white skin now covering at least 90 per cent. of his body is, so far as I am able to judge, in full possession of all its organs and those organs seem to be performing their natural functions--no roughness, chalky, or ashen appearance is present.

"It seems to me that the conditions warrant your opinion--the change is certainly caused by chemical conditions of the blood. Very truly,

"F. A. HOWARD."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit