Introducing Myself

by StandFirm 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome! Unfortunately, I can see already that you are not interested in honest discussion:

still thinking: I don't believe that the organization states that sites like this must be avoided when one already is familiar with the ideas presented.

What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites or add our comments to their blogs. - WT 7/15 2011par 7, pg 16

• Curtains
    Curtains

nice to meet you standfirm. Welcome. You are amongst friends - true friends who will love you enough to criticize you. So be warned!!!!

• pbrow
    pbrow

I think I can predict what standfirms post's are going to look like. 14 pages(sarcasm) of trying to define what the definition of "is" is.

Witnesses are good people for the most part, but they cannot have open debate (in person, not on the internet) on issues like the blood policy, wanting rock solid proof that this organization was chosen in 1919 therefore deserving complete obedience, the new view of this generation and many more issues because of the fear of organization punishment. Go ahead and "hone" your arguements. Your arguements will reinforce your faith with fellow witnesses while talking in the back of the hall after meetings. But argueing that allowing your daughter to receive a tranfusion of platelets in a "moment of weekness" and not being sorry for it will remove me from Jehovahs congregation and eternal life but a transfusion of a fraction of plasma is ok if my conscious allows it will not work in the real world with a real person.

Stop breaking up families. I have my problems with russell but agree when he said "we simply call ourselves christians and raise no fence to seperate from us any who beleive in the foundation stone of our building mentioned by Paul: That Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" and those whom this is not broad enough have no right to the name christian.

Your welcome here just the same as the rest but I imagine there will be a lot of straining the gnats and swallowing the camels.

pbrow

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome Standfirm.

I look forward to reading more from you.

• Reality79
    Reality79

I look forward to hearing from Standfirm but I have a feeling this individual won't be around too long.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL @Loz . . . you must be the size of a house after the last few weeks!

• Alfred
    Alfred

Standfirm... have you also read Crisis of Conscience? If you have, and you still believe you're in "The Truth", then you probably read it a little too quickly...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Standfirm, are you for real, at the moment I'm thinking you just here to be the centre of attention - either that or you like a good shoe-ing.

• poopsiecakes
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome standfirm,

I look forward to readin' your post

please don't be scared off, I admire

you already for steppin' into the ring

even though you know where we stand

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit