Osama bin Laden is Dead

by jamiebowers 283 Replies latest social current

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

*Slowly walking out of this thread.*

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

*Slowly walking out of this thread.*

The government LIES. It LIES. There is a long track record. Believing them without reservation is like believing the JW GB!

• agonus
  • NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Look NeckBeard, when I was younger I would definitely believe any conspiracy theories. But there are major flaws in every one of them. It is all speculation and no hard facts. I understand that you don't believe in the government. They sure can lie, but come on, on another hand you believe without reservation that Osama has been dead for 6 years. Where's the proof in that? Come on dude...

• undercover
    undercover

Two things bug me about the current stories being reported...

You just killed the world's most wanted man and you dump his body at sea?

They should ahve brought the body back, confirmed the identity and posted pics of his dead carcass for all to see.

Conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this. Anyone who ever gave a moment's thought to the notion that the US government perpetrated 9/11, will easily come to conclusion that this is all a hoax.

Which brings me to the second thing... he was buried per Islamic tradition? Really? I say Fuck Islamic tradition. He was a terrorist, not a holy man. Again - bring the body back, confirm identity and when enough credible evidence is gathered to convince even the most loopy conspiracy theorist, burn the body, scatter the ashes at an undisclosed location and have a party.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Undercover, the last thing in their mind is feeding the conspiracy theory nuts. They're trying not to piss off the radicals even more.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this.

So?

Fuck Islamic tradition.

No.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Even if Obama had employed the services of a taxidermist to put Osama's head on display in the Oval Office, it wouldn't have satisfied some of Obama's detractors.

You can only please some of the people ...

Syl

Edit: From Breaking News on MSNBC:

A senior official told NBC News that a DNA analysis had established with "100 percent certainty" that the body was bin Laden's. One of bin Laden's wives, who survived the firefight in the compound, also identified him, the official said.

• undercover
    undercover
    They're trying not to piss off the radicals even more.

I can see that to a degree. But only a degree. They're radicals. No amount of trying to mollycoddle them is going to make them happy. If you're at war, then you're at war. You can't pussyfoot around with the their feelings when you're trying to either capture or kill them. Go in, fuck em up, kill em, send a message and hound them to hell. Real war, not "actions" or "operations". War. That, or get completely out of the Middle East and make them happy.

The conspiracy thing is a minor point, but it can snowball to a degree that is creates problems. Take Obama's place of birth. See how much has been made out of something so stupid that it distracted from the real issues?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm giving my customers 20% off today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit