Osama bin Laden is Dead

by jamiebowers 283 Replies latest social current

• jws
    jws

People were gathered outside of George Bush's house in Dallas this morning celebrating. Didn't Bush pull troops out of Afghanistan when they were closing in on Bin Laden so he could send them to Iraq? Didn't Bush, as early as 6 months after 9-11 say "I truly am not that concerned about him"?

• snowbird
    snowbird

JWS, I have a niece, a brilliant-all-her-life girl, who worked for an international company in Atlanta, Georgia.

She overheard two of her supervisors remarking on what a great job she was doing.

One proposed writing a memo of commendation and placing it in her personnel file.

The other strenuously objected, saying, "You don't tell THEM what a great job they are doing!"

My niece packed her bag and baggage on that day and headed for the door.

True story.

Typical story.

Sad story.

Syl

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yes jws, he did. He also made sure Bin Laden family had safe passage out of America after 9/11. He (and Condi) were told when they took office that OBL was the biggest threat to our security and that an attack from him was imminent.

Osama Bin Laden's body 'identified by sister's brain'

Osama bin Laden's body was identified by US authorities by matching a DNA sample to one taken from his late sister's brain, according to reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8488004/Osama-Bin-Ladens-body-identified-by-sisters-brain.html

• badseed
    badseed

Great, now I can sleep at night.

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

We just killed their leader, their hero. How we handle the body in an Islamic tradition is going to make a difference to them? They already hate us for the infidels we are. So we buried OBL in their tradition. Big deal.

So we can bomb, shoot and burn them to our hearts content....but if we don't dump them in the Indian ocean within 24 hours, they get offended.

• jws
    jws

Snowbird, not exactly sure how your story about bosses not praising their employees relates to the people celebrating outside the house of a president who utterly failed to capture/kill bin Laden and instead diverted in another direction?

Are you saying we shouldn't play our hand and share things like praise or what we're up to? That we don't tell bin Laden that we're looking for him so that he gets lulled? Well that strategy didn't work very well for Bush's remaining 7 years in office.

Why does your niece have two supervisors? Why is she gulliable enough to believe that the supervisor who was going to praise her still wouldn't do so? Or that he/she'd even consider the other's advice? Either way, I'd rather be in a situation where I know who I'm dealing with than go someplace where the supervisor might be the one who never praises and I don't know that.

Are you saying your niece was brilliant up until the point when she gave up and walked away from that situation? And George Bush was also less than brilliant for giving up on the hunt for bin Laden?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just having a hard time correlating the story.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm sorry, JWS.

I do go off on tangents at times.

My niece is Black.

I was trying to make the point that it's very hard for some White people to give Black people credit for a job well done.

That seems to be the case with those who are celebrating and giving Bush kudos instead of Obama.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Syl

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Now that I think about it. I don't see the dumping of the body into the ocean as a respect to their customs. It's more like a middle finger to their organization. If they kept the body that still gave some kind of hope of getting it back, even if it slight. It's like saying, "you want it? Go ahead and get it!".

And to the guy who said he's been dead for 6 years. You did know those reports came from the Pakistan press? The very country that was harboring him? Now I wonder someone in that government would want the US to believe that? mmmmm... see! I can speculate too!

• undercover
    undercover
    My niece is Black.
    I was trying to make the point that it's very hard for some White people to give Black people credit for a job well done.

Maybe the situation was misunderstood.

One proposed writing a memo of commendation and placing it in her personnel file.
    The other strenuously objected, saying, "You don't tell THEM what a great job they are doing!"

On my first reading, I took that to mean, "don't ever tell an employee how great they're doing. It'll only give them reason to relax and not work as hard".

Going strictly how you presented the conversation, you have to go out of the way (or know you pretty well) to get the other meaning.

But anyhoo...

Back to the topic at hand: Is Osama bin Laden really dead? Was his brain preserved in Texas moonshine for George W. Bush to drink from in sweet success? Was Obama really born in Pakistan and moved to Hawaii? Is the Pope really Catholic? Does a bear shit in the woods?

• designs
    designs

Public Enemy Number 1 X

A good shot across the bow of the other politicians and army commanders. We pay millions/billions for graft/intel/contraband and when its time to payup well the US just showed a team can be dropped anywhere anytime to collect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit