New Way of Doing Field Service?

by snowbird 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

As I was driving to work this morning, I saw a familiar looking car a few yards ahead of me that kept making stops where people were standing alongside the roadway.

When I drove past the people, I noticed WT and Awake! in their hands.

Well, lo and behold, this JW woman to whom I once referenced in the link below was "placing" literature with them!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/191371/1/A-Visit-From-The-Reformed-Village-Strumpet

These are people who are waiting for rides, parents waiting with their kids for the school bus, and others just pausing for an early morning chat.

I made sure to catch up to and bypass her, but, as usual, she refused to acknowledge my presence.

If I'd had the time, I would have turned around and gone back to tell everyone to whom she'd given literature that she refuses to speak to me because I no longer attend KH meetings.

What a sham!

Syl

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is commonly done in larger cities, it's referred to as "Bus Stop Witnessing" or some similiar term.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh?

I've never seen it down here.

LOL.

Syl

• mrquik
    mrquik

Considering that the rank & file will just get older & older they need a new ADA approved method of preaching that does not involve walking.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's lazy and it sucks on the gasoline. It insures that another "car group" will have less money to retire on when the end doesn't arrive, and they will have literally fat asses.

If they want to recruit, they should at least get out of the car and walk these "bus stops."

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's what struck me, OTWO.

She was holding up people, also.

Just when you think you've seen it all!

Syl

• life is to short
    life is to short

They do that where aI live too all the time. OTWO is right it really sucks up the gasoline, we could burn through a tank of gas a day and at almost $60.00 a tank now for our small car I wonder how much longer most can afford it. Sadly there will always be ones like my husband who will do it. It is really just a way to waste time.

LITS

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

OnTheWayOut,

The next thing was going to be bicycle witnessing, but the mormons beat them to it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think the JW's would go to bicycle recruiting except it would confuse people with the Mormons doing it.

There's no hurry. Recruiting is ineffective. Just get the pioneer stroll down and walk. Even rural territory, what's the hurry to slip a tract under the door when nobody is home?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Even rural territory, ...

Going Down That Lonely Road

Lord, have mercy.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit