Some of my daughter's Artwork

by lovelylil 69 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Anytime.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

RE: The software. Buying full price software of that kind is very, very expensive. However, the good news is, your daughter is a student. Academic pricing is a *fraction* of full price.

Ask her teacher or school administrators if there is a way for you to get her student pricing somewhere online.

(quick web search)

ta-dah!

www.academicsuperstore.com

academic pricing online

Simply send us a copy of your school ID or one of these other documents after placing your order

K12 Student/Parents

• Report Card
    • Student ID
    • Registration Receipt
    • Letter of Enrollment on school letterhead

Illustrator - $198

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/products/Adobe/Illustrator/1391191

Photoshop CS5 $198

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/products/Adobe/Photoshop+Extended/1391247

(make sure you get the right Mac or PC edition but I'm sure she would know.

...Sometimes working for a university technology department has knowledge perks!

I wish you every success in your studies!!

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

OMG YES! :DD I'm so happy now, that's super awesome, thanks so much!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone for your help. That is great news about the software. At those prices we can get my daughter both for her graduation present. thanks again, peace, Lilly

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Glad I could help.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    Thanks everyone! :D
    And thanks for the GIMP suggestion. :D

Just doing my part to support the arts.

the arts

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The one that I like the best is the third painting of the Geisha. I too see and have seen a lot of artwork and I can see that xsk8trboizrhot has artistic talent, and school will definitely further her success! Nowadays there are those who doodle a bunch of squiggly lines with no real thought, and their delusions cause them to think that they are accomplished artists when they clearly are not. True art though, such as your daughter's, comes from the soul and evokes emotion and feeling, much in the same way that a true musician does when singing or playing an instrument that tugs at the audiences heartstrings.

Sorry for the poster who was being mean. Constructive criticism is a good thing, but it sounded like he was just trying to be Destructive instead and I agree it was uncalled for.

A blog of your artwork may be a good idea, it will allow your work to have exposure and at the same time you can get feedback from others which is also important to your success.

What children's book is your work in? I bet you are really proud of that accomplishment!

• Scully
    Scully

Nice work!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone.

My daughter is putting together an ecclectic mix of work for the art show. She started out as primarily a manga artist. That is still her specialty. She also writes her own stories and developed her own characters. She and a friend also wrote a script for an adult cartoon show. I am trying to get them to put more down in writing so we can pitch it to Adult Swim (not sure what network). The title is Rehab Rabbits. I read it myself, it is pretty funny although def. for ADULTS. Not really my type of thing as a Christian, but my kid def. is talented. I am not going to ever squash her creativity because of my personal preferences.

The top painting she was told to paint two things that do not go together and incorporate them in a wierd way. The 2nd is an example of popart. The 3rd Geisha is my fav. too. She does all types of works. Also, drawing, digital art, photography.

She is graduating in june from a vocational high with a certificate in Graphic Design, she did ALL honors classes. She wants to study illustration in college. But I think her best bet will be to sell one of her manga comics (that she developed herself) or the idea for the adult cartoon.

Its funny as a JW my family was always counseled due to our daughters art clases and her tastes in books, such as Vampire Hunter D. lol, I used to let her draw in the kh and that really piss** those stuck up elders off. Too bad, so sad, at least my kid will be educated. She wants to go all the way for her masters.

She will learn so much in college and def. develop her raw talent even more. Peace everyone, Lil

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Prince Poppycock the inspiration for my daughters painting, the one with the fish coming out of the "lady's" mouth, Liked it so much he wanted it added to his fan art gallery here;

http://welovepoppycock.deviantart.com/gallery/

This painting was put up at deviantart.com by my steph and the women who runs poppycock's fan art page saw it and brought it to his attention. He liked it so she placed it in the featured gallery on his fan art page.

You guys know prince poppycock? My daughter is a huge fan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit