Some of my daughter's Artwork

by lovelylil 69 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sweeney,

Thank you. Some people have GIANT egos and think ONLY THIER opinion counts. If they say work is Mediocore then no one elses opinion matters. If someone else says it is good, then they must be wrong and must be supporting Mediocracy? What kind of bullsh** is that?

Its easy to be a critic, its much harder to actually produce a work of art. It takes vision and discipline and literally HOURS of hard work.

Of course my daughers work will get better after she goes to art school, but at least she is good enough to get in in the first place.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

you know what, i have been reading this thread as it unfolds,

more power to your daughter for putting herself out there for criticism, i am too much of a wuss to go through that.

i would not hear all the good comments and the one that said i was rubbish that worked in the art field would cause to me crumble.

you gotta have balls to keep going and believe in yourself.....and a grizzly bear for a mom is good too!!!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Those with talent will paint, sculpt, write, act, dance, and invent.

Those without still may become critics.

Follow your dream!

• Ashikae
    Ashikae

Lovelylil,

You are caught up in emotion not reason.

The Art world is not soft and cuddly, it's as hard as nails.

If she's going to make it to the top she's got to be super good and tough.

I always say, great artists are like busses, there's always another one comming along.

Push her and push her hard.

• purplesofa
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Strue. Being good is only one aspect of making it. All the olympic athletes start out by being outstanding. That's only the starting point.

S

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I always say, great artists are like busses, there's always another one comming along

And I always say critics are a dime a dozen and those not good enough to be artists, become art critics

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Ashikae just pm'd me and told me my daugher has the art I.Q. of an 11 year old. WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

The only purpose in Ashikea's critique is to get me fired up. I smell a troll here. This person has only posted a few times (joined the forum yesterday) and half the posts are on this thread putting down my daughter's art?

Also Ashikae is NOT an artist, does not paint or draw in any way, just told Ashikea NOT contact me anymore.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Ashikae also would have posted that on this thread but apparently ran out of posts for today. Well, I have plenty of posts so I am posting this;

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

lolz.

Ashikae it's all good. In my honest opinion your critique of my work was nothing compared to how I critique my work, all I need to do is do enough to please other people, and then I get what I want which is the appreciation. Nothing more, nothing less. If you had read my previous comments you would know I am planning on going to art school, which is when art gets serious. If you don't like what you see, close your eyes? XD haha.

I would like to see some of your work though. Ya know, just to "give some critique".

But I do not appreciate you telling my mother that I have the "art IQ of an 11 year old", that's rude, but I can't waste my time with worrying about you or that. If you think I'm mediocre, so be it. Personally I'm pretty, smart, and can dance and sing. Nothing mediocre there. :D

In truth, I would LOVE some more critique from you, hopefully your critique this time won't be so MEDIOCRE, because that critique in my honest opinion was what real trash really was. XD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit