Some of my daughter's Artwork

by lovelylil 69 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sab-

She uses photoshop and illustrator at school right now. We are working on getting her copies somehow, brand new these progarms are like $500 a piece for the older versions and more for the newer. She is graduating H.S. in June, maybe we could buy 1 for her, but not two, it would be more than a grand for the both.

• LV101
    LV101

WOW! love it. i, too, am an artist (when i can grab time) and love skull art because of life drawing/painting (not satanism, or anything wierd). tell her if she's an art major to check into one of the great art schools -- ahh, just read up above she wants to work toward her masters --- that's great. a lot of work but worth it and wish i had a masters. she must go to florence and if you love art you can't make enough trips to italy --- the place owns me but she's young and many art/architectural majors study in rome, florence, elsewhere in europe. not that it makes one an artist but education in art is certainly the start --- just my opinion.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

My daughter LOVES skull art. I am so glad we got out of the Watchtower when she was 11, she is 18 now. I remember once cutting our service short so I could drop her off for art classes and the elders talked to my husand about it. My hubby was going to tell our daughter to quit the classes and he and I got into a HUGE screaming fight over it. I told him over my DEAD BODY!

That is when Ray was a little closed minded. Now he is open to more things. I paid for art classes for our daughter out of my house money when I was not working, and made sure you always had plenty of art supplies in the house. The "friends" used to tell me it was a waste of time, but I persisted in supporting my daugher. I even let her draw at meetings, and we got "talked" to about that too.

It was worth the fight though. I am glad I stuck to MY guns. Peace, Lilly

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

Hello everybody!

I'm glad you guys like ny paintings. :D Really glad, because it takes hours to do those. But I like being covered in paint...so haha. XD In graphic arts I'm usually covered in ink as well (the vocational shop I'm in at the high school I attend is graphic communications). I love italy, on my laptop I have hundreds of photos of Italian sculpture and architecture. I also have lots of paintings done by soem of the greatest artists who ever lived back in the day. :D

Skull art...is awesome. XD I'm working on a picture of skulls decorated in the "Dia De Los Muertos" style, ya know, with the painting on the face and the bright bright colors. :D Anything with bright colors and crazy designs is fun to look at.

~meow~

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

Hello everybody!

I'm glad you guys like ny paintings. :D Really glad, because it takes hours to do those. But I like being covered in paint...so haha. XD In graphic arts I'm usually covered in ink as well (the vocational shop I'm in at the high school I attend is graphic communications). I love italy, on my laptop I have hundreds of photos of Italian sculpture and architecture. I also have lots of paintings done by soem of the greatest artists who ever lived back in the day. :D

Skull art...is awesome. XD I'm working on a picture of skulls decorated in the "Dia De Los Muertos" style, ya know, with the painting on the face and the bright bright colors. :D Anything with bright colors and crazy designs is fun to look at.

~meow~

• watersprout
    watersprout

You are a very talented young lady!

Peace

• nugget
    nugget

Certainly talanted Best of luck with her art show.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The real question is are skater boys really that hot?

I graduated high school in 2002 I remember the skaters. At one point in time I tried to be one, but I took a board in between the legs once and decided I was going to have to choose between skating and having future children. Now I have a sweet 1 year old son!

Hope it was worth it!

-Sab

• agonus
  • Satanus
    Satanus

x

Have you seen some of alex grey's art?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit