Some of my daughter's Artwork

by lovelylil 69 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ashikae just pm'd me and told me my daugher has the art I.Q. of an 11 year old. WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

He saw that you had an emotional reaction so he played it; I have seen these types before. Probably has a really low opinion of himself so he seeks out people who are acting emotionally. Once he finds a target he fires and can be counted on firing every time he is put in a certain circumstance (like you taking offense at his trollish comments and not backing down). You call people who exhibit such behavior "assholes", and while the slang is well placed, will just give him the reaction he ultimately wants.

-Sab

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sab,

You are right. He has sent me another pm too and is just trying to get a rise out of me. This person just joined the forum and used up half thier posts commenting about my daughters artwork.

Something he said in his 2nd pm makes me think he was on the six screens call last night. I am going to keep me eyes on this person. I think their motives are no good but only time will tell.

I am feeling better now, you know how mama bears can get when they are protecting their cubs? I am calm now and told this person not to contact me anymore by pm. I will ignore their comments next time. Peace, Lil

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have a 13 month old I can only imagine some schmuck coming on here and acting in such a way at his expense. See there I go!

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods

I very much appreciate the art. It reminds me of my own step-daughter's work.

I must say that I had a little father to daughter talk with her and advised her to take a second (career) track at the University of Dallas.

She is now an attorney, and still can make great art.

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

If I took a second career track it would be a mortician.

Nothing more quiet and peaceful than the dead, plus they can't judge you or pester you like the living. haha. Man, I can't STAND the living. T_T

But art is all I do, so even if I'm not some Michaelangelo let's hope I make it. I know that just like Michaelangelo I'm going to spend most of my time depressed and down in the dumps (haha gotta suffer for the art) :D Whatevers though.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If I took a second career track it would be a mortician.
    Nothing more quiet and peaceful than the dead, plus they can't judge you or pester you like the living. haha. Man, I can't STAND the living. T_T
    But art is all I do, so even if I'm not some Michaelangelo let's hope I make it. I know that just like Michaelangelo I'm going to spend most of my time depressed and down in the dumps (haha gotta suffer for the art) :D Whatevers though.

Ha. That too reminds me of my little conversation with Viola. You have plenty of time and plenty of talent.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Very conceptual stuff there. Much deeper that a pretty landscape or portrait.

While waiting to get the scratch together to get photoshlop, she can download the free GIMP and get started doing things right away.

http://www.gimp.org/

GIMP

• sabastious
    sabastious

Oh yeah I forgot! Gimp is a cool and free alternative. Good call kurt.

-Sab

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

• xsk8trboizrhotx
    xsk8trboizrhotx

Thanks everyone! :D

And thanks for the GIMP suggestion. :D

Yeah, I can build on what I know now and continue from there and hopefully get better and improve. I'm not looking to put my art work up and people say "omg wow you're the greatest!" No, that stuff isn't what I need at this moment, it's what I need to work to.

Fun fact: I draw and paint so often that I have carpal tunnel in me wrist. XD Ohlawd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit