July 2011 Awake, LMAO @ Cover

by Yan Bibiyan 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Sounds funny but think about it. If all was to go back to natural how awful people will look? It will be like the caveman days..unbelievable ...then the day will come when their will be enough people to fill the earth..and it will stop. Will the last guy feel blessed to have the last baby? unbelievable again..the list goes on..and they expect people to fall for this stuff..and the surprising thing is so many do believe it..or at least act like it..who really knows..

Snoozy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Witnesses take an awful lot for granted. As you have mentioned, very simple things like fine weaving (complex patterned shirt), plastic, and ice cubes depend on a complex integrated infrastructure. One needs continuity and people to keep it running. I've pointed hubby to a National Geographic mental exercise a couple times, just to show him what it would be like to lose most of the world's people all at once.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/aftermath-population-zero-3225

I hope elders are provided chemical factory and nuclear reactor user manuals, because a few days after the electricity grid fails, kaboom! Recovery from reactor failure will take the earth decades to recover.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Quit touching the unclean thing!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

That is just the American version. The Chinese and Indian versions show faimlies happily working together to make all that stuff for us.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

HaHaHa . . . When I first saw that cover I thought it said "Life Without Surfing - When" . . . didn't seem outa place for some reason.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Were there any mosquitos in the picture? Were the people petting them nicely, and had the mosquitos no need to bite man?

(Life before air-conditioning and electricity - made where I live a living hell)!

Skeeter

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Just another example of a Watchtower bait and switch.

What they promise you

Watchtower bait and switch religion

What you actually get

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

"Armageddon" is the confrontation of Christ and the U.N. The U.N. will have ruled for 15 months at this time.

But how really do you destroy world powers? Governments are in the minds of the people and so you need to kill off the people. Sending hurricanes and earthquakes and tornados to destroy everything in the world to kill the wicked isn't necessary. We already see the power of nature and how destructive it can be.

By contrast, the survivors are supposed to enjoy the "spoils" left over from the wicked that are killed. So why would Jehovah have the survivors enter a world that is similar to a post-nuclear war, only to have to rebuild everything? Rather, he has the power to do as he did in Egypt, which is just kill off the people. The context of Armageddon is a lot of birds eating flesh and then the bones being buried. Once you destroy a person, you destroy his government. So destroying all the world powers involves killing off those who serve the world powers. There will be lots of bodies that will have their flesh eaten by birds. So notwithstanding a few well chosen natural phenomena, God could easily cause the wicked to go crazy, undress and take a shower and then walk out into their backyard naked before dropping dead. This would allow the birds easy access to eating them without having to pick through their clothing. When you destroy the people who serve the government, you destroy the government. An overuse of natural disasters to go through and destroy everything to kill off billions at Armageddon seems contraindicated versus leaving the primary world and its infrastructure in place to facilitate the 1000-year rule of Christ, including global communications now set up via the internet.

So yet another false concept by JWs. The Bible says brother will turn against brother, so there will be some killing done by the people themselves of each other. But many more will likely just drop dead over a period of 2 months while the birds feast on their bodies. Then all their homes and wealth will be inherited by those chosen to survive. Of course, maybe God will have some buildings struck by lightning or destroyed by earthquake that would have been torn down anyway, like churches.

Thanks for sharing.

But also, the world will be more advanced during the millennium than even now. Mankind will grow to perfection and will have improved intellectual capacity. So leather shoes and plastics would be easy. A global communications network for a centralized government also seems vital to keep the entire world on the same page. So likely as little rebuilding as possible will be done. The problem will be training and replacing the initial 1/3 population that will be destroyed at Armageddon. Another 1/3 will survive but die out of old age. This will provide some transitional stability. The final 1/3 will then enjoy the millennium along with their new children.

LS

• Intel
    Intel

Here is the official explanation from the GB (Great Buddy, a friend of mine)

Since there was no way to preach the good news to the chinese, god in his mercy let them survive - all of them! But they never noticed that the big A arrived for the rest of the world, so they continue to sit in the factories and produce more stuff for the Happy World. They are glad that exports never broke up and the chinese government does a pretty good job monitoring their population and internet habits, so this was a big plus for Jehovah, and he let them rule...

Happy? I could put this in print, sell it a million times and have virgins literally worshipping me!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What strikes me most is the children. They are added for "Ahh" factor, but there is no need for children in the New System, with the resurrection of the tens of billions of people to already overfill the earth. With no death in an eternal paradise, children will quickly be a think of the long forgotten past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit