July 2011 Awake, LMAO @ Cover

by Yan Bibiyan 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Mag available here

Setting is obviously in the "New System", I'd say quite some time after the big A. Everything looks neat and clean, so it can't be just few months or even years after the big slaughter.

Let me point out few things that made me laugh:

• Every effort was made to depict natural materials, but you see leather straps with metal rivets holding the picnic basket lids. Metal rivets!? Who made them?
    • Guy in the foreground has a perfect haircut and is clean shaven. He wears a shirt with a pretty sophisticated pattern. Where did he get scissors? Where did he get his new sharp blades to shave? Who hand-made this intricate pattern for his shirt?
    • Woman in the foreground has a nicely tailored shirt with what looks like elastic bands in the middle. Elastic bands? Also, hair neat in another elastic band. More elastic bans?
    • Fruit is perfectly peeled and sliced. Who makes sharp knives? Still using the pre-A leftover cuttlery?
    • Glass or plastic pitcher with floating ice cubes. Glass? Plastic? Ice cubes? (refrigeration)
    • Boy in the blue shirt is holding what looks like a plastic toy. Plastic toy?
    • Girl in pink shirt seems to have buttons on the back. Plastic buttons?

These are just a few; cracks me up to see these utopian pictures so disconnected from a post-catastrophe reality that is not even funny.

• man in black
    man in black

Hmmm, sounds to me like you have a problem, and don't believe EVERYHING that the governing body writes, or draws.

Don't you know that these little annoyances you mention will be taken care by God after the big A ?

It also proves without a doubt that you are a much to be avoided apostate

• AZheat
    AZheat

I have that exact same shirt, got it at Macy's...lol

I have been on the "outs" for a while now, so forgive me if I am way behind on these things, but when did they start coming out with "apostle cards" ? I seen one in the back of the July 2011 Awake.. Are kids expected to trade them ? And shouldn't they come with a slice of bubble gum ?

:-)

• man in black
    man in black

An interesting commen I found while looking at one of the articles, are these writers just plain ignorant of the watchtowers problems ? :

We may also suffer because of the selfish choices of someone else. Indeed,humans have perpetrated the most disturbing

evils, from Nazi atrocities to the abuse of children. By misusing free will,some make decisions that bring suffering

to others.

• VIII
    VIII

Oh come on, you know the standard JW answer "Jehovah will take care of it".

As to the petro based elastic and refrigerated ice cubes-those are the items they saved when they raided the Worldlies homes. Didn't you secretly have a nice neighborhood home you staked out and let other peeps in the cong know was going to be "yours" after the Big A?

We know you did.

So, they are just utilizing the things Jehovah let them save. Why waste valuable time and energy making and spinning cloth when there are billions of dead bodies to bury?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

One thing for sure,

With all those fruits Jdubs are always shown with they need not worry about constipation in the noo system.

However they may need to worry about wiping.

• Gayle
    Gayle

In that Awake, about their article about "Social Networks",,the WTS don't seem to be criticizing some value that for some to some degree. Only stress about privacy and control of time. Of course, that is an article for the "public." Different rules for JWs, especially elders and their children.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Those images remind me of the planet in Hitchhiker's Guide to the universe where they shipped off the useless third of their population (consisting of hairdressers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, telephone sanitisers and the like) to a different planet. The new colony couldn't sustain any sort of society, but their telephones (windows) were clean and everyone had a nice hairstyle. - from an ex-JW who went to beauty school instead of law school.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

One thing for sure,

With all those fruits Jdubs are always shown with they need not worry about constipation in the noo system.

However they may need to worry about wiping.

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! The main "trouble in paradise"? Explosive projectile diarrhea.

They should be used to it, I guess. It's been spewing from their mouths for decades.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

apostle cards?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit