If People Told you the JW's Would Change These Beliefs & Practices.....

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I left before so many of what they would call "HUGE" changes occured. I was around until 2007.

1. The generation doctrine. It's now an " overlapping generation " teaching involving two overlapping generations.

They lived with the 1914 generation for so long and only slightly morphed it from "adults" in 1914 to include babies. I was pretty sure they were going to live with the 1995 "wicked generation" for quite some time. But when they flipped it in 2008 to "anointed generation" nothing further would surprise me about "generation." Still, I would have said this was too stupid for them to suggest- nobody would buy it. Shame on me.

2. The blood transfusion doctrine. It's now a conscience matter to accept blood " fractions " even though these still come from blood.

I was there for "fractions." It was one of those "HUH?" things for me. I thought, "Don't fractions come from donated blood?" I never would have supposed they would have come up with such a thing, but after leaving I better understand it's a way to phase out the blood doctrine and minimize lawsuits.

3. Deleting the home Book Study arrangement and moving the Book Study to the congregation meeting at Kingdom Halls out of homes.

That one, I could see. But I might have guessed in the opposite direction- Eliminate the mid-week meeting at the Kingdom Hall and expand the home book study to accomodate more congregations at the Hall.

4. The printing of TWO different Watchtowers.

Yes, I imagined the printing would slow down. I thought they might have eliminated a public version altogether.

5. The opening up of more partakers.

No, I thought as I was leaving that they had discouraged people from believing they were anointed. I didn't pay any attention to how the numbers didn't add up. I thought it would drop and drop and drop.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Well, during the time when we were active (late 80's) we studied the Revelation book 3 freaking times (2 of those times back-to-back). During that time, if somebody had suggested that the WT would ever be an NGO of the UN, they would have been DF'd for gross apostacy. So I haven't gotten over the whole UN thing yet...

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Isn't it amazing that the WT society always has an agenda or an angle for whatever changes they make ? It's usually to their own benefit and the detriment of rank and file Witnesses.

ASLEIF- very true what you say. If someone had suggested the WT society joined the U.N. back in the 80's they'd be raked over the coals and booted out the door. My how times have changed. Now the WT society just makes excuses for everything they do

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think one day they will tell everyone to sell all their belongings and send in the money and they'll say new light we know the date and after they get the cash.

well they will disappear mysteriously one night go their separate ways leave a note we've gone to heaven.

Have fun in the new order HA ha ha

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Another recent change that took place just this past week and covered @ the Service Meeting which surprised many was the part entitled: 'How long should we study with a progressive Bible student?'

Prior to the 70's it was 'what's the rush' mentality when studying with new ones. Then in the early 70's the 'six-month' Bible study crash course program was introduced that seemed to peter out.

Now (according to the April 2011 KM Pg 2) we are back to 'let them take their sweet time' when studying with new ones.

Should we also blame 'Holy Spirit' for mis-directing the organization with this one?

• flipper
    flipper

NANCY DREW- I agree with you. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some upper level WT representatives took lots of the $$$$ and fled to the caiman islands or some undisclosed place without letting rank and file JW's know about it. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, and then call it " new light " ! And there are so many JW's who are so mind controlled - they'd actually buy into it that it WAS new light !! That's the bizarre part of it.

JW GONE BAD- Good point you make. It seems when 1975 was coming closer the 6 month crash course Bible study was really pushed, but now that they have their " overlapping generation " theory going - it isn't as urgent to rush new Bible studies into the organization as they see it may be a long while before Armageddon. Plus- the WT society probably doesn't want to spook any more possible new converts because many younger JW's are exiting out the back door now. They need all the new members they can get to take up the slack of people exiting the cult. Peace out,, Mr. Flipper

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

just one magazine per month for both the Awake and WT next this already happens. Makeing the anointed not really matter only the gb. we'll hear less and less of 1914 and just have to believe by faith that ones already have that this is the last days and the big A is anytime. Just have failh be good obey and stay bussy

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

OnTheWayOut if they purposly open up to more partakers it will cost to much money for bread and wine and we'll never get through the memorial the supposed right way.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems when 1975 was coming closer the 6 month crash course Bible study was really pushed,

But all those who came in on the "crash course" were not sufficiently indoctrinated and they have all left due to failed expectations (their own, of course).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut, if they purposly open up to more partakers it will cost to much money for bread and wine and we'll never get through the memorial the supposed right way.

That reminds me. At the Apostafest this year in Tahoe, we will have our own "Memorial" to our former life course. The emblems will be chips and beer (soda for us alcoholics and for the kids). Chips will represent the half-baked things we used to believe- the body of lies. Beer (or soda) will represent how we had to wash down the lies with our own sweat, leaving no time to actually analzye them.

Well, something like that. Or we can just enjoy ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit