If People Told you the JW's Would Change These Beliefs & Practices.....

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

would you have believed it ? ( I give credit to the poster Password Protected for giving me the idea of this thread ) .

After exiting the Witnesses in 2003 I have noticed many changes within the WT society which really surprised me but after analyzing the changes - they really have convinced me the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses are a mind control cult intent on ruling people's lives. Here are some I have noticed that have changed :

1. The generation doctrine. It's now an " overlapping generation " teaching involving two overlapping generations.

2. The blood transfusion doctrine. It's now a conscience matter to accept blood " fractions " even though these still come from blood.

3. Deleting the home Book Study arrangement and moving the Book Study to the congregation meeting at Kingdom Halls out of homes.

4. The printing of TWO different Watchtowers- a mellow , watered down version for people in their public homes used in field service & a

separate version much stricter, more controlling and disciplinarian towards Witnesses to study at their Congregation meetings.

5. The opening up of more partakers of the emblems of people joining the 144,000. No more sealing of the anointed as was once thought in

So, those are just some changes I've noticed. Did you folks think these changes would happen ? I feel the controlling of the meetings and controlling of what's printed in the Watchtower is a more stringent control measure which indicates the WT society is a mind control cult seeking to keep tight, rigid control of WHAT information Jehovah's Witnesses have access to. So what is your take on all these changes happening in the Witnesses and WT society ? What changes do you think may come next ? I'm getting to the point where nothing would surprise me anymore. As always I look forward to your takes, comments, and observations. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• pbrow
    pbrow

I think the 144000 is going to go from not only being opened up again but its going to be revealed to the fearless leaders that its now to be seen as a figurative number. I guess well see with the latest numbers, how soon this may happen.

I would also say that the blood policy is going to change but now im not so sure. I am currently involved in a shitty custody battle and am trying to get the final say for medical decisions because of the blood policy. After the most recent "banging my head on the wall" session with my ex, I realized the blood policy is somewhat of a farce now. Blood is too precious to be given as whole blood. It can be broken down so much and benefit so many different people now that it is rarely used as "whole blood" So while the prohibition on "whole blood" is still in affect, giving the members the solidarity of "we dont accept blood", the practical use (my limited knowledge) is largly going to be the blood fractions. So they can still say "we dont accept blood" but in reality they can accept (if their conscious allows) a large percentage of blood for medical use. So im not sure if the blood policy will change although i would not be suprised.

pbrow

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

No - I have to say I would not have predicted any of these changes - was really shocked when they discontinued the home book study arrangement and combined it with the Theocratic School night.

The changes in the 1935 closing for anointed ones was forced by the fact none of the GB qualified anymore. Think the generation gap thing had to happen too because of the expired time - average guy just doesn't live to be 100 years old. Though their explanation really a poor one and doesn't satisfy anybody I fear.

I'm not much of a prognosticator but if I were to try and speculate on what changes might be down the road - it wouldn't surprise me if they went to just one magazine per month for both the Awake and WT next. Great cost savings idea. And they seem to be looking at those items. And at least for the US maybe they will go to all computer transmission - no more printing costs - just have everybody print off their own copy at home for the meetings. Now that would be a brilliant idea.

One change you left off your list but which we also would never have predicted - leaving Brooklyn and moving all to Walkill and Patterson - upper state New York.

Changes I'd like to see but which will NEVER happen - just come out and admit they were wrong about 1914 and the 2520 year stuff. That they would at least say "we don't know" instead of doing what they are currently doing. Another change that needs to happen is STOP the DF'ing, etc. etc. - life would go so much better for them if they would get over that stuff - if someone doesn't think another is "decent" association they won't associate - that is 2nd nature. People are judgmental by nature - no need to encourage that trait. And I doubt it would cause the place to go any wilder than it currently is if they stopped the practice. And then another thing that would greatly benefit them would be to stop the time slips - time reporting in total - it's all a sham anyway and Jehovah is able to figure out the score without the help of our paperwork. LOL. And then open up the partaking of the emblems to everyone - no need for anyone to know who thinks he's going to heaven and who thinks he is staying on earth. What difference does it make? Now those would be some great changes but we'll NEVER see them. And one I feel very strongly about - report sexual molestation cases to the authorities pronto and if a registered offender comes into the congregation put it on the bulletin board for all to see. They do that in my apartment building - and we have one in my Bible Study Class - and he let us all know the facts right up front. The Senior Center will not allow him to be a leader or substitute leader for the group because of this. But we need to stop shielding these people from the results of their sins. We can be kind, forgiving, and all that good stuff without making it possible for a repeat offense.

Oh and I do expect that the previously talked about change - to eventually drop all CO's is going to happen. Getting the local PO's to do the job has to be an attractive alternative to that arrangement from a monetary standpoint.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see an age limit get placed on Bethel workers - to save themselves the expenses of taking care of the elderly. Not that I think this is a good idea mind you, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they take this organizational move. Seems like they already have done a bit of culling and weeding out of the sickly ones in the staff already but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it mandatory release if you get sick - period. That kind of changes I think will happen.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

And oh a PS - after reading the above comment I agree I think the blood policy might and at least "should" be changed to a matter of personal conscience. They have practically made it that way anyway and legally they would be in a much better position to take that stand instead of the current one.

• jam
    jam

You think some day A change in the elders arrangement.

Why, because there are not many men reaching out for that

position. With the legal problems the organization is having,

young men in that position can be costly..My brother A elder

is spent, and he,s only 59yrs old.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I completely agree with salty. If they would just get rid of disfellowshipping and demonizing dissent that would go a long way to combatting the mind control cult talk. If you want to call it faith that its 607 and not some other number or that 1919 is when jc chose these men thats fine with me. Hell if you think magical underwear is what gets you into heaven or if you are a full blown operating level 1 Thetan, I DONT CARE!! Good for you, just stop with the destroying families! People with 5, 10, 20, 30 and more years, people who have built their lives in this organization finally realize that its not everything that it says it is are DEATHLY afraid to question anything because they know that they will lose their friends. Lose their families. People who were finally no longer afraid to accept real truth dont want to neccessarily leave the church but are now pigeon holed into choosing miserable silence and keeping family and friends vs honest questions and losing everything. Stop destroying families!

pbrow

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Numbers 3 and 4 had me really confused. For a while there, I thought number 3 was changed because of word getting out about the nearby, including our, congregations doing a social right afterward (like, people would bulldoze through the questions just so we could get to the delicious pastries and atoles). Number 4 was one of the things that made me uneasy- it was then I knew I'd never buy into this farce ever again (I don't buy their excuses. I think it's offensive).

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

A little known change in what is happening is they are moving towards using mostly Temp. workers at Bethel instead of Bethelites. That is one reason for the big purge a few years ago at Bethel. It's cheaper for them. The other big change is Reopened Mind and Me are no longer sitting at the KH being bored to death. LOL Totally ADD

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I asked my mom (still in) what she would think if the JWs changed their view of blood fractions (again) and she said "new light is always brighter!" Then I asked, what if they changed their mind about Jesus' ransom sacrifice, and she said, "They won't say that, it is in the Bible." I raised my eyebrows and smiled. She quickly changed the subject. I could literally see the crack open in her mind as she realized what she said.

• nugget
    nugget

the changes come thick and fast these days as the society becomes more controlling.

Instructions on what you wear when not at the meeting or convention ground.

Change to the baptism questions so that you dedicate your life to the society.

Jesus no longer mediates for the great crowd.

The GB are the only ones God uses to deliver spiritual food. forget the rest of the annointed.

Public talks have gone from 1hr to 45mins to 30 mins and yet the watchtower seems to expand exponentially to fill the gap.

The 1hr mid week meeting has been replaced with family worship "night". The whole evening must be spent on theocratic activities.

Pioneering hours have been reducedform 90 to 70 and Aux Pioneers from 50 to 30 (just for April).

The way they slip doctrinal changes under the radar using smoke and mirrors to distract the rank and file from doctrinal changes as they happen.

I always believed religion should enhance your life not make it a daily grind. The load should be light but this religion has more rules than the pharasees and treats it members as perpetual babes by legislating for everything.

If I had thought about any of this whilst it was happening to me I might have been gone far sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit