If People Told you the JW's Would Change These Beliefs & Practices.....

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

nugget- Seriously? They made those changes(baptism question and apparel)? I had no idea! Wow, I'm speechless. I don't understand how people can't see through the system... I really hope more and more outrageous changes occer and cause some to open their eyes. Just sad stuff.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't see them making the 144k figurative until as a very last resort. They can always cite some obscure dude in a country nobody has ever heard of that lived to 120 and extend the first half of the overlap generation to 2034. Then, they have the rest of the second overlap's lifetimes to go through. They are under no pressure to change the 144k at this point. Besides, people will believe whatever they say anyway. If they say God wants the final generation of anointed to live to age 200, the rank and file would believe it.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the comments.

PBROW- Good points. It could be that the WT society might have to make the 144,000 a figurative number as the number of partakers jumps up 3,000 the last few years. And I think the WT society will cover their legal behinds and change the blood transfusion policy again. They don't want lawsuits - and the only way to avoid it would be to allow blood transfusions. We shall see.

SALTYOLDLADY- Yeah, the changes of moving to Walkill from Brooklyn is something I wouldn't have predicted. As far as the WT society apologizing for failed dates and predictions of the last days - forget it- the WT society rarely ever apologizes for ANYTHING. It's always the rank and file Witnesses who are told that " they were too eager " in their expectations ! LOL ! But I doubt they'll ever get rid of DFing or ever post child molesters names on bulletin boards. The WT leaders just aren't into protecting anybody except their legal backsides.

JAM- They may start appointing elders at age 20 of they start losing all the old guard in death. But no young people want to reach out for elder. I think they are up a creek without a paddle on this problem. Gotta take a dinner break, will be back later

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What would have made me suspicious? If they told me to be like the Bereons, however you spell it, but told me immediately that having doubts or questions could get me kicked out one day and cause me to lose my family. Because there is one standard for new students and a completely different one for longer studied students and baptized witnesses.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

FHN

Because there is one standard for new students and a completely different one for longer studied students and baptized witnesses.

True. Yet even as a "student" I soon learned that questioning could quickly be redefined as "opposing".

On topic - When my SIL first joined, over 25 years ago, there was still this sense of urgency, even excitement. (1975 plus however long it took to create Eve, maybe?)

Now she and my jw ladies sound repetitive and, I think, defensive. They cannot explain the latest "generation" reaoning, but simply quote it from the magazine, There is still mention of "soon" and "final days" but it really lacks conviction. After assemblies there is a short burst of excitement and I get a few visits but it quickly fades.

That's the main difference I see from the outside.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Back from dinner. Thanks for your comments.

PBROW- Very true, the WT society DOES destroy many families with the DFing policy. And I don't think they are going to stop it either. The WT society is too fearful of what ex-Witnesses talk about to current Witnesses as they know the Internet and access to information is alive and well. So they will keep DFing people just to restrict current Witnesses from talking to DFed ones who expose the cult.

THE_RAISIN- My opinion is the WT society stopped having book studies in the private homes because they thought Witnesses were getting too close to one another. Think about it - if a JW wanted to show another JW something on a computer after a Book study, it would be possible in a home. But by restricting the Book Study to the Kingdom Hall only- the elders keep more of a monitor on individual JW's relationships in a formal setting. I think THAT is what it's about.

Also - In printing 2 versions of the WT magazine the WT society is pulling a deception on newbie Bible Studies and putting harder hitting magazines out to them once they are regular attenders of meetings at the WT study. They think they won't question the WT study info because by that time they are indoctrinated enough through fear and guilt. Very underhanded.

TOTALLY ADD- Another good point you make. By hanging permanent Bethel workers out to dry a couple years ago - it did save the WT society money and medical costs as well. I'm glad you and your wife got out my friend. Freedom of mind is sweet.

ROCKY_GIRL- I have to say- that was pretty slick the way you spoke with your mom and helped her to see the blood fraction thing was NOT Scriptural. Very smartly done on your part. You never know, your mom may think about that down the road.

NUGGET- Very good points you bring up. Isn't it amazing how many changes have occured and most JW's don't even blink an eye at the changes ? That is definitely cult mind control which causes that. But you are right- WT society wants ultimate control of these peoples lives so they can keep their end game going. Which is to make lots of money off JW members by offering false hopes.

MAD SWEENEY- Good point that no matter WHAT the WT society hands down as instructions, most JW's will believe it's the gospel truth. The GB could tell them all to jump off a cliff and they'd do it in a heartbeat if thy thought Jehovah was telling them to do it . They'd think " well, there's always the resurrection ! " Ridiculous.

FLYING HIGH NOW- Isn't it amazing how just asking questions and having doubts can cause Witnesses to get kicked out or lose their families ? It's really disgusting. And you are right: there IS one standard for new students and a more strict, extremely controlling standard for longer studied ones and baptized Witnesses. WT society is good at promoting double standards.

RETROVIRUS- Very true : Questioning did get redefined into " opposing ". I can't tell you how many times I would get a crooked look from a Witness when I'd express doubts about some WT doctrine. It causes people in the congregations to start spying on each other and some rat each other out to the elders. It was just crazy. And with the extended " overlapping generation " theory- I'm starting to feel sorry for those who are hanging on in this cult . They are so duped, but they do not know it

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

It would not matter to me at this point. I no longer believe in any god.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

THE_RAISIN- My opinion is the WT society stopped having book studies in the private homes because they thought Witnesses were getting too close to one another. Think about it - if a JW wanted to show another JW something on a computer after a Book study, it would be possible in a home. But by restricting the Book Study to the Kingdom Hall only- the elders keep more of a monitor on individual JW's relationships in a formal setting. I think THAT is what it's about.

Actually, I think the attendance at CBS was so pathetic in many places that it was easier to end them than to try to build up attendance.

Plus, in many areas where several congs are sharing the KH, it freed up many weeknights, thus allowing another cong or two to utilize the same building instead of having to build a new structure. $$$ saved could be funnelled to "higher" priorities.

Finally, NO ONE was studying with their kids! (And everyone knows the young people are running out of the Org.) When the hell was there any time to do that? Now, it's a major guilt trip if you are not using the former CBS night for your Family Study (Worship Night). And IMHO families ARE doing it!

• flipper
    flipper

PUBLISHING CULT- I hear you my friend. Don't know if I believe in any God either. Maybe I do, but maybe I don't. Jury is still out for me.

DESIROUS OF CHANGE- I appreciate your input on the Book Study arrangement as I haven't attended meetings in over 7 years- so I would be totally unaware of seeing what trends developed first hand in the congregations. Very interesting comments by you. It makes sense if they were having shoddy attendance at Book Study's to combine them with the other meetings. And freeing up Kingdom halls to be used on other nights. And last but not least it appears the WT society is using the extra night to guilt JW members into having their home " family worship " night- or whatever the hell they call it nowadays. It used to be called just " family study " I believe. WT society is trying hard to keep tight control over these people

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this up if any wanted to comment or missed it. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit