Your Age at Baptism (into JWs, not Catholics or Baptists - duh)

by undercover 39 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

First talk - 10

First d2d - 10

Baptized - 16.5

• pontoon
    pontoon

16, mainly because I was lusting for a 14 yr. old girl that was already dipped.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

mainly because I was lusting for a 14 yr. old girl that was already dipped

sigh...chicks...they'll f*ck you up every time.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

undercover, I used the VERY SAME line of reasoning with my ex when explaining to him my wishes that he not encourage our children to get baptized before they were adults... He agreed with the reasoning, but then said he was a teen and he was ready... Um, no he wasn't. He thinks he was NOW, but he told me and showed in his behavior MANY times that he most definitely was NOT ready at that time. Nor was he ready to get married in his early 20's (neither was I).

I was 13 when I got baptized. I did it because everyone else my age was and also because I thought it would "clear up" the doubts I had because then I'd have "holy spirit" helping me for sure!! And I'd be accepted in our congregation (finally). I'd be a part of the club, I wouldn't be treated like chattal, I'd have FRIENDS.

Yeah...right...

• not sure yet
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Coffee, 8 is just crazy. I used to see 12 year olds get baptised and thought even at that age it was wrong.

• unshackled
    unshackled

16, mainly because I was lusting for a 14 yr. old girl that was already dipped.

sigh...chicks...they'll f*ck you up every time.

LOL poopsie....pontoon that was the moment you went from having "99 problems to 100 problems and a b*tch was one"

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

13. I didn't do it because I wanted to, I did it because I felt like everyone was thinking I should.

• zoiks
    zoiks

12. It would have been earlier, but my parents made me wait until I was ready.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

coffee... a true believer... at age 8. Is that even possible?

I was 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit