Your Age at Baptism (into JWs, not Catholics or Baptists - duh)

by undercover 39 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

18 and I still didn't think long and hard enough about it. Peer pressure and wanting to please my mother were more important then than thinking for myself.

• petitebrunette
  • pontoon
    pontoon

poopsie and unshackled, your both right

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

18 ... but the pressure came at 16

(I wasn't a born-in, but a teenage Bible study)

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I was a teenage Bible study too. I was baptised at 20 after I left home because my parents didn't approve of my becoming a Witness. I married at 21.

I don't care what age one was when one was baptised. Nobody is told fully what he/she is signing on for or that "current truth" will become "past truth" to be replaced with "new light". Makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Reopened Mind

• flipper
    flipper

I was baptized at 13 yrs.old. Gave my first talk at age 8. Gave my first sermon at the door in field service at age 6. Way too young. Exited the JW cult at age 44. THAT was priceless

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

All come on Reopened Mind you loved being married at 21. Became a pub. at 6 gave my first talk a bible reading at 8. I was baptised at 16. To young for all those adult things. At 16 I didn't even know what I wanted to do with my life. And at 6 and 8 all I cared about was fishing, Bugs bunny and playing outside. Totally ADD

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I was in High School I think 16... Funny the most Important date of my life and I really can't remember what year it was....

I thought I was still to young but felt I needed to step up to the plate and be taken seriously by many Elders who thought I was doing it for ulterior reasons...

Yes a Girl......... who was a Pioneer..... and they wanted her to remain Pure and Didn't Like Charlie Brown Jr.

I thought 16 was to young but just turned 20 on my Wedding Day... I was a Man LMAO!!!! I was still a little boy and absolutely not ready for Marriage... At least I wasn't the Youngest to get Married...

I saw a young girl in my Hall who was 8 when she got Baptized.... I wasn't supposed to Judge but I thought If You Can't Reach the Bottom of the Pool..............maybe your too Young!!!!

• cult classic
    cult classic

17 - I got baptized because I was about to graduate high school and thought I was getting too old to not have made a dedication.

• Highlander
    Highlander

18 I should have known better at that age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit