BIG-JW Sues over Blood demand

by Refriedtruth 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Heaven
    Heaven

JWFacts, excellent point. This blood policy is a complete sham. It would be cool if someone could legally hand them their ar$es on a plate over this.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The link I posted at the top of pg 2 in this thread--please consider contacting that organization (Freedom from Religion Foundation) with your concerns about forcing Medicaid to pay for this. You can contact them anonymously right from that link.

In the US we have a legal right to be free from religion and free from religious intrusions on the state.

FFRF does a lot of legal work to assert this right--it is a very good organization IMO. Maybe they would file an amicus brief too--and publicize the case--they typically do this sort of thing.

The way to have our voice be heard is by working through the legal system in this case. Great opportunity!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Posted on the Cult Prevention site.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As I mentioned before, this is my legal specialty. Establishment Law is complex and controversial so I decided to use it as my writing sample. Countless hours were spent researching and writing about court cases and law review articles.

Freedom From Fear is the group that appears to be taking the most cases to the Supreme Court in this area. They seem stronger in some regions of the country than others. Another group is Barry Lynn's group. I think it is Citizens United for Separation of Church and State (not certain). Freedom from Fear does not just do trials but appeals every case it loses. Their work is largely successful. The problem is that the present Court, composed of mostly Catholics, does not have a separation of church and state ethic. The Dems on the Court have a very strong ethic. When I grew up, there was a heavy, solid, impregnable wall between church and state. Now accomodation of religion is the buzz word.

Because the Supreme Court is so divided and no clear principles have emerged (the Court acknowledges this fact), trial courts applying the law must wing it to a large extent.

It might be good to report this case to Freedom from Fear, Citizens United (barry lynn, if I am incorrect concerning the name). The ACLU is the other major player. It seems as though they used to be the leader. You can get in touch with the national ACLU in NY or DC and your local affiliate in your state, particularly if you live in the same state where she is a resident. Frankly, what kind of lawyers do you think the Witnesses are? I see them as night school graduates. Law requires creative, analytic thinking. If they possessed those skills, how could they be Witnesses?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As I mentioned before, this is my legal specialty. Establishment Law is complex and controversial so I decided to use it as my writing sample. Countless hours were spent researching and writing about court cases and law review articles.

Freedom From Fear is the group that appears to be taking the most cases to the Supreme Court in this area. They seem stronger in some regions of the country than others. Another group is Barry Lynn's group. I think it is Citizens United for Separation of Church and State (not certain). Freedom from Fear does not just do trials but appeals every case it loses. Their work is largely successful. The problem is that the present Court, composed of mostly Catholics, does not have a separation of church and state ethic. The Dems on the Court have a very strong ethic. When I grew up, there was a heavy, solid, impregnable wall between church and state. Now accomodation of religion is the buzz word.

Because the Supreme Court is so divided and no clear principles have emerged (the Court acknowledges this fact), trial courts applying the law must wing it to a large extent.

It might be good to report this case to Freedom from Fear, Citizens United (barry lynn, if I am incorrect concerning the name). The ACLU is the other major player. It seems as though they used to be the leader. You can get in touch with the national ACLU in NY or DC and your local affiliate in your state, particularly if you live in the same state where she is a resident. Frankly, what kind of lawyers do you think the Witnesses are? I see them as night school graduates. Law requires creative, analytic thinking. If they possessed those skills, how could they be Witnesses?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sure you mean Freedom From Fear or is it Freedom From Religion Foundation? The former is a mental health advocacy group....unless there is a separate local group you're referring to.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

High rank COMMENT Should The State Pay Extra To Provide Special Medical Procedure ...
    Care2.com (blog) - Robin Marty - 23 minutes ago An attorney for a Jehovah's Witness told the Kansas Court of Appeals on Wednesday that her client is willing to die for her faith rather than get a liver ...
    1,500 character limit

• rebel8
    rebel8

1150 votes--72% no

• besty
    besty

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42698255

'jury' is still out

interesting story this -

should the state (taxpayer) pay out of pocket and out of state expenses to provide non-mainstream care to comply with an individuals religious beliefs (no matter how crazy those beliefs are) when normal procedures are freely and locally available?

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

lol, looking at the comments on the care2 blog. Vomiting truth is still vomiting, and no one wants to see that. Some of us in the "vast apostate" army really need to learn how to effectively communicate. It's news story on blood transfusions but there will just be a random rant about how jehovah's witnesses are a pedophile paradise, and how they are a love bombing cult, or evidence that god never chose them to be his people. Most of the posts are about the story, and mostly by people who are and never were affiliated with the witnesses. The few that seem to be ex or current witnesses both come off kind of crazy. There is a time and a place but just tossing out random things against this witnesses completely out of context or without reason doesn't make the detractors seem any more reasonable than the people politely feeding out Watchtower PR. There should really be some kind of training course when you leave "the truth" on how to do effective counter PR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit