BIG-JW Sues over Blood demand

by Refriedtruth 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dinah
    dinah

Notice the Watchtower filed a "friend of the court" brief.........

She expects taxpayers to pay for a more expensive surgery and ties that to "freedom of religion". IMHO, freedom of religion should be your freedom to die over your OWN CHOICE of religion. Enough said.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So much for the Jehovah's Witnesses "helping" the medical establishment come up with "superior" treatments:

Botha conceded the surgery shouldn’t be used routinely because the “safety is just not there.” He said the surgery was done primarily to help Jehovah’s Witness patients.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/19/2812761/jehovahs-witness-battles-in-kansas.html#ixzz1K4IOEi8q

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

My two observation take aways on this case

1) With all due respect you have to be pretty poor to be on state medicaide welfare I have been down and out but even I was not 'poor enough' to be on welfare Soooo,asking for $250,000 is outrageous.Asking for welfare to pay for JW 'rights' is like asking the same for state to pay for Scientology dianetics inpatient counseling.

2) Lotta Watchtower JW blood crisis would go away if they let them do autologous bank your own blood ahead for elective surgeries

I put away 2 pints for a mega major surgery and my surgeon didn't even need to use em was there for a backup which is all they wanted of course no use for trauma emergencies like car crash

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great turn of phrase: Big-JW. I don't know whether you used the phrase "BIG-JW" in the manner I'm reading it, but I think it is important to note that just like "Big Business", "Big Oil", and other "Bigs" hold undue influence over policy, "Big Religion" such as "Big Watchtower" often try to force their views on the world with expensive teams of lawyers and lobbyists.

It disgusts me.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS should make due with their 'own' hospitals, with all their big buildings in Brooklyn or elsewhere. They should develop their own insurance program among them to pay for their high expense. As the author "kurre" quoted above " Many have had a college education. Some Jehovah's Witnesses are doctors, lawyers, teachers and other professionals ,,then hire them,,(according to PEW is only about 7% of them). Then the WTS could create their additional 144,000th commandment that their JW 'professionals' cannot be sued by them.

• heathen
    heathen

It just sounds crazy that they take organs and deny blood . Sure blood can be dangerous but so can organs . They won't change their dogma on blood for one reason only and that's fear of wrongful death suites .

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    It just sounds crazy that they take organs and deny blood . Sure blood can be dangerous but so can organs . They won't change their dogma on blood for one reason only and that's fear of wrongful death suites

Watchtower society will not allow a Jehovah's Witness to pre store their OWN blood called autologous blood,YET allows the transfusion of so-called Hemopure made from Bovine cow's blood.

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abstain.shtml

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    Jehovah's Witness ask Kan. Court of Appeals to allow bloodless ...

Greenfield Daily Reporter - 20 minutes ago An attorney for a Jehovah's Witness tell the Kansas Court of Appeals that her client is willing to die for her faith rather than get a liver transplant paid ...

COMMENT AND VOTE UP GOOD GUYS

• dinah
    dinah

Yep, we should let our voice be heard

The WT can't blink or they could lose billions

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Inbetween,

You are wrong. My dad died because of the wt policy on organ transplants.

They called it canibalism. Let me ask you... If a jw practiced cannibalism, would he be disfellowshipped?

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit