BIG-JW Sues over Blood demand

by Refriedtruth 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Scully
    Scully

I'm wondering why the WTS doesn't set up a medical trust fund for its adherents who followed its admonition to abstain from higher education, and are thus not financially in a position to afford bloodless surgery or insurance premiums that would help JWs who need bloodless surgery for organ transplants.

Oh, that's right... they don't do stuff like that, the way False Religion™ does.

@$$hats.

• Gayle
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

Great, she won........that means its almost guaranteed I'll hear some sanctimonious comment at one of the meetings or in field service this week.

If its cheaper out of state than for a Kansas hospital to do it with blood, then it works out for both parties. I'm not quite understanding why Kansas was so adament against authorizing this. Was there a precedent they were concerned with?

A couple things I find ironic though......one she's what 64? How long do they expect her to live even after the transplant? She still has to be evaluated and then put on the waiting list. Maybe Kansas was trying to hold off long enough for her condition to deteriorate and they'd be less likely to have to pay for the transplant?

One last thing, she stated she was willing to die for her beliefs, but why'd she take Kansas to court? Sounds like she likes living a little too much, so much for being a martyr for the WT. Anybody in the know, has the WT ever footed the bill if even partially for an individual JW when in a situation like this? I ask that as I recently had my Circuit Assembly and i saw my CO and his pretty little wife and they were both dressed nice. On top of that we had a heavyweight from Bethel fly in to deliver a couple talks. Somebody's paying for all this crap, and I wonder has the WT ever assisted financially a JW with significant health concerns? I know, I know....stupid quesion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit