BIG-JW Sues over Blood demand

by Refriedtruth 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Jehovah's Witness battles in Kansas court for bloodless transplant ...
    Kansas City Star - Brad Cooper - 1 hour ago

But she also would have to compromise her Jehovah's Witness principles, because she would receive a blood transfusion, something she believes violates God's ...

Transplant case pits religion, Medicaid rules- Kansas.com

--

Get in and comment expose deadly Watchtower dogma shows how unpractical bloodless elective surgeries can be wants $250.000 K for operation

Personally I had my major surgery using my own stored blood something the WT has banned and this issue is BIG with me

• Refriedtruth
  • dozy
    dozy

The irony is that she wouldn't have been allowed a liver transplant before 1980 anyway , as she would have been DFd.

My thinking is that if the lady wants to pay a hugely inflated price for a riskier operation to comply with her religious beliefs ( actually to comply with the WTBTS current interpretation , liable to be changed at any time ) then she shouldn't expect other taxpayers to pay for it. She is more than welcome to pay for it herself , or have taken out adequate medical insurance for this sort of eventuality.

• inbetween
    inbetween

dozy: sorry for nitpicking, but organ transplants, while heavy frowned upon from 67 to 80, were no disfellowshipping offense.

Regarding the case: anybody know, if there were kind of fund rasing among witnesses to pay for this sister, in case she would loose the court case ?

• dozy
    dozy

The Watchtower in 1967 described having a transplant as "cannibalism" and when changing the policy in 1980 said that no judicial action would be taken against anyone having a transplant (the implication being that judicial action would have been taken beforehand).

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/medical.php#transplants

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think I remember asking on the forum and a poster knew of someone who was disfellowshipped for accepting a transplant. I can't remember coming across any stories apart from that. You would think Ray Franz would have discussed it in his book In Search of Christian Freedom if it was policy and there were documented cases. It's a shame we can no longer ask him.

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Some things they dont LIKE to document... so they can change it later

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Using below as my bump for your entertainment

This is the latest JW troll apologist cut n paste

Author: kurre, 20 Apr 2011 11:12:12
    Bulgarian Nationalists Demand Ban of Jehovah Witnesses

ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES A CULT?

No, Jehovah's Witnesses are not "cultish". They live work and go to school among the community. Many have had a college education. Some Jehovah's Witnesses are doctors, lawyers, teachers and other professionals. They are not isolated in communes or monestaries and do not wear 'special clothes' habits or 19th century garb. They do not have any outlandish (unusual) rituals or ceremonies. They don't have a charasmatic leader they view as "God's prophet" and don't have to contribute a fixed amount of their income to their religion.

Their beliefs are not 'translation bound' meaning they can all give solid reasons from ANY bible for their beliefs. They are happy to conduct bible discussion with ANY TRANSLATION of the bible and their literature often quotes from different translations. All of Jehovah's Witnesses, young or old are capable of explaining the reasons they belong to their religion.

They do go from 'door to door' spreading the gospel but they do this because they view it as a command from Jesus (see Matthew 28: 19, 20). They are a moral group that obey the law of the land and have not been linked with systematic institutionalized sexual or financial scandal. Who knew? Their Watchtower is now the world’s largest magazine. But you can’t buy it anywhere.http://w3.newsmax.com/a/oct10/jehovah/

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

The problem could be solved quite easily if and this is a big IF the Watchtower Society or at least her circuit or district would pay for her bloodless surgery. It would be the loving thing to do.

Reopened Mind

• inbetween
    inbetween

dozy: I was not aware of this statement, that judicial actions should not be taken, in the article of 80. Even if there was no case, at least it seemed to be a probability. I´ll have to check, what the current stance is regarding real cannibalism. If this is reason for dfd, then we can conclude, viewing transplant as cannibalsim was indeed ground for dfd, and I withdraw my former statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit