i just came back from the memorial

by J. Hofer 54 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is the 2nd one we have not attended.

• Mary
    Mary

I have to leave in about 3 hours for it too.......oh god, I should have went and got a bottle of wine beforehand. Ah well---good news (no pun intended) is that it's only 1/2 an hour or 45 minutes of listening to who gets to partake and who doesn't.

• pirata
    pirata

Mary, why are you still going to the memorial? Are you still active?

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Cantleave

Same here we had a barb a q and took the dag for a walk to the paki shop to get sum more beerWe did have a voice mail from sleepinging beauty's aurnt who is a JW asking if we were going to the memorial... We failed to answer lol Not had any contact in over 2 years with this moron and they choose to call today to see if we are going to the memorial, what an arse wipe !

We were going to attend but I had to wash the mrs new car instead The memorial is the most boring meeting ever and we hate it as it's all a lie and horse shite to the enth...

HHG

• cantleave
    cantleave

Washing a beetle is much more fun than passing cheap wine and crackers.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

This is now the third one we have missed.

However, we drove past the KH here in Wales and it is the first time I have seen any cars in the car park, it was full! Not sure where all the people came from.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, why are you still going to the memorial? Are you still active?

Good lord no--I haven't been to a regular meeting for about 5 years now I think. No, I go for my elderly parents. They don't shun me or any of my friends who no longer go, even though they know I think it's a crock of shit. They don't preach at me, so I figure that the one night per year when they sheepishly ask "would you like to come to the Memorial?" I can do it for them. It makes them happy and in a few years, they'll be gone, so I bite the bullet for them.

• redsoxfan1393
    redsoxfan1393

I will be leaving in a few hours, forced to go because I live at home...

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Cantleave you are right the beetle is well nice ! I have some strongbow super and it's great floating all round the drawing room now Just about able to type this ... lol

HHG

• pirata
    pirata

Good lord no--I haven't been to a regular meeting for about 5 years now I think. No, I go for my elderly parents. They don't shun me or any of my friends who no longer go, even though they know I think it's a crock of shit. They don't preach at me, so I figure that the one night per year when they sheepishly ask "would you like to come to the Memorial?" I can do it for them. It makes them happy and in a few years, they'll be gone, so I bite the bullet for them.

That's very nice of you. I'm glad your parents are putting christian love ahead of organization procedures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit