by J. Hofer 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dear Rick,

Matthew 7:1; Luke 6:37; John 7:24

~Jesus

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

No, and he doesn't want to read it, even if he sees the "problems". However I don't give up!!

Sadly, his feelings are understandable. I think most of us felt them ourselves. It is scary to face the prospect that not only are the answers you have come to depend on false, the authorities you trusted to provide those answers are corrupt and their basis for authority is founded on sand.

With the freedom those of us out enjoy also comes a personal responsibility that we weren't allowed to exercise while within the organization. The org makes the decisions and as long as we follow them, we have the mental/emotional security of putting the responsibility on them. God, represented by the GB/FDS, told us right from wrong. We didn't need to think at all. Just obey.

Freedom can't be appreciated when it is covered in a cloud of fear.

I wonder if there is a way to reduce/remove the fear of freedom so that our JW loved ones realize that not only CAN they make their own decisions, but that doing so is their god-given RIGHT.

Good luck with him.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I went.God,HOW do people sit still for an hour???15 minutes into it i was redesigning a bracelet that I was wearing and wishing that I had some pharms.And yes,the talking is getting longer.Pretty much the same of schmiel,except that now they are talking about how AFTER the big A,there will be no more Memorials.I listend,or tried to,I really did.But their bait and switch,red herring technique of speaking,left me wishing I had brought another peice of jewelry to play with...yeah,I went for my old mum.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i went for my in-laws... my mom was pretty happy though, dunno why... as if she never listened to what i say.

(alright, this is just a cheap btt, i want to have at least one of my threads accomplish more than 3 pages...)

• flipper
    flipper

I realize and understand that some may go to the Memorial for elderly JW parents. Fortunately for me, my older JW parents ( 85 & 83 ) don't bother me about it. My dad took a fall and broke his tailbone a week ago so I went up to their house ( 4 hour drive ) ans spent the weekend with them helping cook and taking care of them a little - sharing the responsibility with my older JW brother & his wife who live in the same town.

My parents didn't go to the Memorial anyway because my dad has to lay flat on his back for 2 months with a broken sacrum. In a couple weeks Mrs. Flipper and I will go up and spend a weekend with my folks while older brother and his wife go to their ASSembly. I've haven't attended the Memorial for 7 years now. Not missing anything special

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit