i just came back from the memorial

by J. Hofer 54 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

It's been 10 years since I last attended the Memorial. I wasn't even invited. But I must admit the cong I was in is the coldest one in the universe!

• Ding
    Ding

The Memorial never made sense to me.

No one does anything.

• chickpea
    chickpea

well.... it wasnt exactly attending the memorial
    but i DID for the first time ever, in a regular
    game of scrabble with never-were-JWs,
    spell out ANOINT..... and laughed insanely
    to the blank stares of my mates....

i also got to add -ED to it and score triple points!!!

oh!! and we passed a pint of some
    dubble deep rich chocolate ice cream
    that was splendid and sinfully good!

then walked my dogs in the crisp
    cool northern wisconsin night
    admiring the skyscape ...

effing yeah, the best memorial EVAR!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

First time in 37 years I did not attend. Just felt like a normal evening. I am wondering if there will be any repercussions, however.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

@TheListener,

Thanks for your kind words. You know what, it's only when you stop attending meetings that you see you were a prisoner. Not that I really leave in fear, but I know some will come and visit me in the coming days and I really don't like it. They were really hoping I would have come yesterday. I'm just glad hubby respects my viewpoint. Hope he wil open his eyes soon.
    When he came back home yesterday, he told me: "I think they made a mistake about the date. Full moon is tomorrow!"...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I stayed home and watched "The Shunning" on Hallmark channel. No joke.

The first one is always the hardest to miss. This was my second and it is exponentially easier. I hope your husband comes around soon, Desi-.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

@Mad Sweeney,

I hope so. He thinks he needs something better before he leaves and I want to respect his standpoint just like he does for mine.

I'm confident it'll be easier for me next year.

Desi

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Has he read "Crisis of Conscience" yet?

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

No, and he doesn't want to read it, even if he sees the "problems". However I don't give up!!

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

I returned from my kingdom hall. I do something a little different I PROTEST! Why live a double life? You post how bad The Organizatoin is, the trouble it has caused for so many people, the break up of families, suicides. deaths for refusing blood.

You are all aware of the child molestation problems, you are all aware of the lies the org. has been telling for years. you all know it is not "The Truth" but you continue to attend the biggest event of the year with them, pretending you are still in love with them. Why l ive as if you are two persons?

What message are you sending...... This type of behavior is not helping to expose The dangers inherent in The Watchtower Society nor is it doing anything to help your loved ones out. Your pretentious behavior is making an exaggerated outward show that Jehovah's Witnesses have nothing to hide!

Come out from cyber space and step into the real world!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit