i just came back from the memorial

by J. Hofer 54 Replies latest jw friends

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

it wasn't all that bad. met a few friends who also don't give too much about it and had some great laughs afterwards. we talked about how we still remember when only about 7000 took from the emblems and now its more than 11000. we also laughed about how it would look like having jesus and his disciples pass around wine and bread on a plate like that.

all in all it was the same procedure as every year. i guess many of the visitors asked themselves when does the actual celebration start... it was just short enough to still stomach it. and it's been nice to see a few of the other inactive ones.

oh, and most acted pretty normal, no "nice to see you" stuff, with a few exceptions. and one elder who came to the congregation after i stopped attending greeted me as if we always knew each other, which was kind of strange... either way, next year i'll have the flu on the 14th of nissan.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Good to know...we go in about 3.5 hrs.

Sw

• cantleave
    cantleave

Any partakers at yours?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I go today as well. Tough to count partakers because everyone is seated and you can't really see them.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

was wondering what the feedback was from folks who went or partook, twas a lovely afternoon in London today, took in the soccer games on TV had a few beers with the guys, picked the kids up and the full moon looked stunning probably the best I've seen in many years.

I'm not even going to think about the back slapping jerks at KH's across the globe spewing in their own glee in their reject JC party night

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

It was the first memorial I did not attend. It felt a bit queer to let hubby go with our girls...felt like crying for a few seconds.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i don't think anyone parttook...

and i had two beers before i went too, maybe that's why it wasn't so bad...

ah yeah, and i already told my wife that i'll be sick for next year, and she's ok with that

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sorry Desilusionnee. I know how that feels. Hang in there, you are not alone.

• pirata
    pirata

I always thought the memorial was the weirdest introduction to Witness meetings:

• You are there to remember Jesus Christ's death, then everyone is jovial and laughing afterwards.
    • You pass around food that nobody eats.
    • You pray 4 times, 2 times for food that no one eats.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

I will be attending the "show" in about 3 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit