New simplified Watchtower

by alanv 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

Ironic since on the page after the movie picture it says (regular edition):

"Following the crowd would not train our perceptive powers; nor, on the other hand, would a host of rigid rules in matters of conscience. That is why, for example, Jehovah's people are not given a list of films, books, and Internet sites to avoid. Because this would change so fast, such a list would be outdated soon after it was made."

You really don't need a list because you can just infer from the pictures in the latest Watchtower issue what movies are being condemned (ie. Avatar, Twilight), right?

Ironic too because there ARE rigid rules as to what is or isn't a concience matter is.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

They must have discovered they were accidently educating people in the english language. The Watchtower is anti-education. Additionally, most apostate information on the internet is English... so that's the last langauge WT wants to promote.

In 5-10 years, they'll decide it's a good idea to 'consolidate' the two issues back into one to reduce overhead. They'll make the study articles read like the dumbed-down child-speak, and put 'advanced topics' in little grey boxes for anyone left in their cult that can read the big words. This will work out great for them in the end: As less and less of their of their writing staff is properly educated, it'll be easier to produce articles.... plus they'll have an excuse to feed all their followers a "baby-food religion" and sweep under the rug failed their explainations regarding 1914, the origin of life, etc.

What do you do when the intellectual world is kicking your ass? Make it easier for your followers to STAY DUMB.

- Lime

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

How did everyone miss this?

obey the FDS to have Jahs approval. WTs2011715

• onemore
    onemore

Me want luve Gad...eslave goo...you apotate bad...

I pick things up and put them down....

http://youtu.be/3FGZvFZdVbk

• onemore
    onemore

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3FGZvFZdVbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I suspect that this new version of the WT will provide untold amounts of pretty hilarious quotes; and pretty serious quotes that you can show to your relatives when they claim "they really didn't mean it that way." "Of course they did; here's the dumbed down version for you, since you obviously don't have a 3rd grade reading level."

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Why is it unsurprising that there is a new "dumber Watchtower", but not also a new "Smarter Watchtower" to go with it - one which would describe in greater detail the "deeper things"?

I guess among JW's... there just isn't a demand for that sort of thing.

- Lime

• steve2
    steve2

Credit where it's due: Some of us honestly believed the Watchtower could not possibly get any dumber. This new version has proved us completely wrong: Dumbness keeps reaching new depths!

I have enjoyed laughing out loud at the ridiculously silly comments in the present dumbed down version and I look forward to a gathering pace of hilarity as the Watchtower's hoard of education-despising and dumbed-down scribes give readers even more to laugh about. Laughter sure is the medicine of life - I just hope I don't overdose when taking in the medicine in the new even more simplified Watchtower .

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I can't help but wonder who in the world in the writing department is responsible for dumbing it down?

This just might cause those forced into this task to wake up.

Remember this gem from last year ...

***w10 9/15 p.23 par.8 "Your Leader Is One, theChrist"***
    The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Dumbed down version ... All true Christians follow the Governing Body because they know the way to Jesus.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I just hope I don't overdose when taking in the medicine in the new even more simplified Watchtower.

Indeed... JWN may need a whole new section for quotes provided in the new dumb-dub edition.

I can't wait to see what they "simplify" (and thus prove our points for us) next...

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit