New simplified Watchtower

by alanv 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

Wow. Even simpler? I didn't think it was possible.

• sd-7
    sd-7

So...didn't this organization have to RESEARCH and LEARN that themselves before they could write about it in their literature? Sounds like somebody's forgotten "what do you have that you did not receive? If, now, you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not receive it?" (1 Corinthians 4:7) They got their information from Christendom's Bible commentaries and from their Adventist origins, yet they act like they received a vision from heaven itself!

Also, notice the daily text on the table. Seems to me the TV would logically have been off if this guy is supposed to be reading the text, for one. For two, the only thing they've mentioned is "apostates", not whether or not the person on the TV is telling the truth. Remember that the "mother organization", as it used to be called in the early '50s, provides everything. It's easy for the abusive person who's disappointed you repeatedly to say "I've never disappointed you!" If you disagree, you just get slapped down!

So I take it the July 15th is available. I'm already dealing with enough as it is, do I really want to piss myself off that much further by reading the newest trash? ... "Just this once: No!"

--sd-7

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee !!!!!!!

Lord, please have mercy!

Syl

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Remember, friends, even when you go to the movies, dress like you're going to a meeting. One more thing: Avatar is from Satan."

• snowbird
    snowbird

Perhaps that's the John Ankerberg Show.

They've kicked the WT's bummy most effectively.

Syl

• Joliette
    Joliette

SMH...so outta touch.

• undercover
    undercover
    What is the apostate television show?

Now, don't go giving Rick Fearon any ideas... LOL

Seriously though... Fear runs rampant in the WTS. They're afraid that a dub will have a news talk show on and an ex-JW who blasts the WTS for its child abuse policies will show up one night.

Are they expecting more fallout from their wicked past deeds, maybe?

• Glander
    Glander

thanks, leaving, for posting that bit from pg 14. Yes, as you said, it is a 'hoot'. But it is also a chilling example of cult mind control. You cannot trust your own reasoning powers. You are not capable of knowing right and wrong without the org. Everything else is from Satan, even if it seems to be true...etc etc

... form a que and come up to get your grape Kool Aid...

• dozy
    dozy

I like the cinema picture - jeans are evil , don't you know. And notice how the JW popcorn is the regular size rather than the large one favoured by the gluttonous worldly ones. A bit puzzled by why 18 certificate movies are seen by the WTBTS as more popular - the top box office films are invariably those aimed at a younger family audience (top movies last year were Toy Story 3 and Alice in Wonderland - hardly 18 plus Satanic slasher films).

And how about this for a quote:

In modern times, there have been refinements in our understanding of certain

Bible teachings. This should not trouble us; it should bolster our confidence in the faithful

and discreet slave class. When representative members of the “slave” discern

that our viewpoint on some point of truth needs to be clarified or corrected, they do

not hold back from making the adjustment. The slave class is more interested

in cooperating with God’s unfolding purpose than in shielding itself from criticism

over an adjusted understanding. How do

you react when an adjustment in our understanding

of the Scriptures is presented?

• undercover
    undercover

Okay... can you say "oxymoron" children? No, of course you can't. You're reading the "even more dumbed downed" WT...

But anyway, get this quote about not following "after the crowd":

6. Do you sometimes want to follow after the crowd? Most people do not respect Jehovah. They think that what he says about right and wrong is foolish. They have their own ideas about what is right and what is wrong and try to make us believe these false ideas. For example, they say that there is nothing wrong with television programs, movies, and computer games that show sexual immorality, violence, and spiritism. How do you decide what you and your family will do to enjoy yourselves? Do you decide that something is right or wrong because of what other people say and do? If this is how you make decisions, you are following the crowd.

This is just too rich... I mean, here's the WTS telling people to not follow after the crowd...i.e. "the world", yet what do they expect of their followers when it comes to their own standards? Does anyone in the JW religion have true liberty when it comes to entertainment, dress, grooming, etc? By telling their followers to not follow that crowd, then they're expecting them to follow their crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit