New simplified Watchtower

by alanv 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I see though that they retain the original "harder" 15th issue. I doubt that the "simpler" one will be used in english-speaking congregations by many. I will find it interesting to see the difference and if foreign speakers using this in an English speaking congregation will see a significant difference.

The real issue is does any jw really read any of the publications?

I remember back in the early 70's the WTS changed the process of the WT study from asking the question first and then reading the paragraph second to sum up. The WTS found that most jws had not read the article and were reading it during the question asking time. So they switched it to reading the paragraph first then asking the question, then at least the non-readers would be reading it during the time the reader at the KH was reading.

• therevealer
  • therevealer
    therevealer

Notice who Jah is using - the faithful and discreet slave. Notice too that while gb has capital GB, no capitals for f&ds.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Dumbed down yet further still?

I found an old thread from several years ago about "dumbing down" the literature, and now they actually admit it and are proud of it!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I remember back in the early 70's the WTS changed the process of the WT study from asking the question first and then reading the paragraph second to sum up. The WTS found that most jws had not read the article and were reading it during the question asking time. So they switched it to reading the paragraph first then asking the question, then at least the non-readers would be reading it during the time the reader at the KH was reading.

Blondie, are you sure that was in the early 70's?

The reason I ask is that I was the WT study conductor up until I resigned in the late 70's and I don't remember this - my recollection is that we still asked the questions first and then had the paragraph read afterwards.

Could this change have been in the early 80's - after I had left?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Hmmm... does that mean there is a hidden agenda of making more literature available for 'less translating'?

Or maybe they have an agenda of convertign all languages into the pure 'new langauge' of Simplified English

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes, Yes. That's it. This will be the language used in the paradise earth. Not back to Hebrew. Simplified Engrish!!!

• blondie
    blondie

It could have been near the end of 70's but it was not much later than that. I don't have my CD at work to check it in the WT publications.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

There is not a JW in any hall that will be using the simple version at the watchtower study.

They may give it to their kids, but no adult or semi-adult JW will ever just sit their with the dummy version for all to see.

Maybe its a ploy to make JWs feel more like scholars, like they really understand the "deeper things" cause they read the "smart" version.

• undercover
    undercover

So with two Kool-Aid editions available I guess we could tag them as "dumb and dumber"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit