Do JWs still believe in 1914?

by Iamallcool 125 Replies latest members private

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

DJ, How do you know that it was September of 607? Where is the proof? I see a lot of bluster from you but when asked to establish the date, all you have to offer is "no comment". How am I supposed to take JW's seriously when you make claims then refuse to back em up? Especially when said claims are what your entire faith rests on.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi Djeggnogg,

Revelation 7:17 goes on to say

13 And in response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?” 14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before the throne of God; and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down upon them nor any scorching heat, 17 because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

It does not read.....because the Lamb, who is in the mdst of the throne with shepherd the annointed, and will guide them to fountains of waters of life, and the annointed will guide the great crowd.

Revelation 7:10 says

10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

I am not sure where you get the reasoning about needing to be one of Jehovahs Witnesses to be saved.

Sorry for hijacking the thread everyone, it's just that what DJeggnogg said stood out to me. I will let you all get back on track after this.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

"What had escaped their notice was the fact that the Bible is silent as to when it was Eve was created"

It shouldn't have escaped their notice. Those who were responsible for providing this spiritual food that was tainted and led to some becoming ill and possibly dying.

JW have always put out dates and time periods 1914 is a good example of another date that is only arrived at by JW by counting this way and that.

This brought them the one generation that will not pass away and was presented as spiritual food from the table of Jehovah. As the years have passed the teaching has changed and some have fallen away from Christ. More bad food it would seem.

They also teach that most should reject the bread and wine at the memorial of Christ's death.

53 So Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. 54 But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

(New Living Translation)

In the 70's JW taught that they had seen the sign in Matthew 24:30 when they hadn't. They taught they had a generation that would not pass away when they didnt and they taught the seventh creative day started in 4026 when the bible is silent on it.

This was all part of the worldwide witness they were doing in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14.

Leading people to the Kingdom Hall on the their most important night of the year where you can show your public rejection of Christ sacrifice.

That's how it seems to me.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"Proponents of 587 BC as being the year when Jerusalem was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar's forces refuse to believe what the Bible clearly teaches..."

If ever one thing is certain, it's this: The Bible rarely if ever teaches anything clearly, and the fact that JWs hang on to 607 by ignoring all the many thousands of items of archeological evidence that EVERY major museum and University and Encyclopedea states as fact (not theory or supposition in any way) that shows that it was NOT 607, reveals that this is far from clear!

Either the Bible is wrong, and I don't expect any JW to ever agree to that, or the GB interpretation is wrong. Choosing the third option, that all the secular evidence is wrong is just plain arrogant and/or stupid!

"Many people get this date wrong, not necessarily because they want Jehovah's Witnesses to be wrong about the year 607 BC (although many apostates do!), but because..."

Many people???? Do you call 99.9% of people who know anything of this subject 'many'? Wouldn't it be more honest to say 'virtually everyone else'?

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Shepherd, it is fascinating that JW's proclaim that the Bible clearly states that the fall of Jerusalem occurred in 607, then refuse to explain how they pegged it at that date. Then they want us to take them seriously.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is another part of the story regarding 1914 and this where one can come to the conclusion that the JWS are just like the many other Christian

based faiths and that is they too have their own self devised corruption .

Lets remember that 1914 came firstly out the false ideology of Pyramidology postulated by Russell and his dispensational age theories.

When Rutherford took over the organization and after further evaluative study of this ideology, he deemed it invalid but still realized the

marketing aspect of the end times and Christ's return as greatly valuable toward any publication he was to introduce to the public and

toward the preceding proliferation of that literature.

But was calculating an exact date to derive at 1914 biblically scriptural ? (7 x ....) no it was clearly not, not even expressively by Jesus's own

FDSL. To even attempt to do so is unscripitual and against Jesus's own words, no-less to make a calculation and sell it publicly $$$

If there ever was a grand sin proportionately on a scale, this would have to be on top of the list.

The Watchtower Corporation has built up mechanisms of power, control and financial procurement on a foundation

of manipulative maligning deceit . Thats the real Truth but for many people they rather accept the Watchtower Corporation's version of Truth

and be in total subjective acceptance of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit