Awesome quotes from JWN posters

by jay88 39 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I will make a quote just for this thread.

"The Watchtower is a publishing and real estate corporation that keeps on retainer a batch of crank theologians who have never had any of their published works withstand any peer review by credible scholars."

- Kurt Bethel

crank religion

• jay88
    jay88

sabastious-- Here are some who loved the lord enough to do powerful works in his name-this is judgement--Matt 7: 21-23 -- There isnt a man, woman or child on this earth that pledges allegiance to a kingdom of man who wont here those words. One cannot serve two masters-either Jesus is your king or a king of man is. If one pledges allegiance to a man king-he loses. Every human on this earth is brainwashed from their youth up for the man made word patriotism. to pledge allegiance to a man king.except the JW,s. Satan transforming into an angel of light- or does one think that God will crush what is his?

According to your doctrine Jehovah allows for governments. Why? Because they are necessary to provide your people with means to do your life-saving work. They are a required piece of the puzzle. If they go down your message has not medium. And you greatly demonize their drive to grow? What would you have them do? Tell me.

Jehovah has loaned the world to Satan, he is ultimately in full control. Just because one works in cooperation with governments to enrichen their, and their peers, lives is hardly a symptom of brainwashing.

You are drawing the line in the sand and, frankly, no one really seems to notice.

-Sab

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I really like Spongebob...

Snoozy

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I saw this once and couldn't stop laughing - each time I read it, I still break out in a little laughter:

For making my year sir82 - you have the best quote of all time in my mind

The topic was "So what does Jesus do all Day?"

He sits in a small room filled with electronic equipment, with headphones on, listening to millions of JW prayers, waiting for the "magic phrase" at the end.

Listening...listening...listening....

Ah! There it is!

"....in Jesus' name...amen"

OK, they got the right area code, I'll go ahead and patch that transmission on up to dad....

Next prayer starts....listening...listening...listening...

• wobble
    wobble

I don't know who posted this, but I like it because it is a kindly way of explaining where I stand to believers:

"You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and willl be fondly remembered by those who you left behind. if there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him."

I also like this one from poster Diamondlil ? It is so succinct :

"Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607BCE = 1914 Jesus did not return = FDS were not appointed in 1919 = WT is self-appointed deceiver."

• jay88
    jay88

"There is clearly no greater obstacle to a truly empirical approach to spiritual experience than our current beliefs about God. . ."

Qoute made possible by -leavingwt

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

I personally will never forget the post Outlaw made - we need the picture here, anybody? I don't know how to do that.

But the quote was something to the effect "Don't eat a bucketload of shit just because there are a few kernels of corn in it."

• jay88
    jay88

My present way of explaining it is that we don't know everything; in fact I don't think we know much. We have opinions or belief systems about what we are (physical and/or spiritual) that may or may not be right. Often "spiritual" or "supernatural" are just words to flag that we don't know.

I'm OK with not knowing; that way new viewpoints and discoveries don't faze me.

Retro

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

On his own thread at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/208674/1/Dude-Memorial-on-Sunday-and-the-Battle-for-sd-7-Continues , sd-7 said:

"She expressed a hope that, when I 'get reinstated', there will be many people who will want to befriend and talk to me. Well, while I enjoy Instant Cocoa Mix, I do not enjoy Instant Friends. I can taste the difference."

I loved the highlighted part. Classic....and oh so true. Thanks sd-7.

CoC

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

On a thread by Perry (doesn't matter which one- all the same Creationist-with-blinders-on-stuff) Wobble said this:

How can someone say "Come on, answer me this in a simple post, "What is the meaning of life ?" and expect us to give the answer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit