I was just invited...

by mrsjones5 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

by a pretty jw lady to the memorial. Hubby got the door but waited for me to come to the door (he was on the phone). I listened to her introduction and held the memorial tract, then I handed it back and said quite firmly that I was not interested. I had no interest to otherwise engage the lady and I appreciated that she was gracious enough to accept my rejection of her invitation. I did walk outside to side if any stray memorial tracts were left at my neighbors' door and I found one next door which I promptly took and plan to destroy.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I've received an invitation over the phone from a jw family friend. I know he means well, but there's no way that I'm going. Not even my family invites me anymore, so I have to give my friend a bit of credit for at least trying.

• jay88
    jay88

They try to guilt folk, with that huge picture of JC

If you don't accept the tract, you don't accept god jr

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I was invited by family... Well, my mother just automatically assumed I wasn't going, so she didn't bother... But my father did say "I dunno if you're gonna go to the memorial, but it's in a couple of weeks. You can always go to another congregation if you're not comfortable seeing our elders". I will not be attending. I'm all set. Other congregation or no, it's not worth my time to attend something I don't believe in.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I was always told that they were so organized that they don't

place the same literature at a door that was already visited

I found that to be a lie, I already recieved one invite, I bet

another is coming saturday or sunday

• cantleave
    cantleave

still no invite for us!

• d
    d

A witness came to my house yesterday and left a watchtower and memorial tract.

• designs
    designs

Well I hope you Recycled the paper......

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I will, after I rip it up.

• dinah
    dinah

Yuck. It's that time of year again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit