May 15th WT - Wives Should be Obedient, Submissive & Not Disagree

by flipper 70 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Flipper, I really don't know why women buy this crap in this day and age. It is no wonder some of these women make fun of their husbands behind their backs. Once they are married to them and realize they are being force to take orders from someone who isn't as smart as they are or in some cases just plain stupid it has to be painful. Especially if they are married to one of these clowns who takes his headship very seriously.

Even though all elders aren't like the one Waterspout mentioned who told his son to break his wife behavior like that does seem to be tolerated and in some cases looked up to.

• designs
    designs

Well that rules out the Mrs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

What about the scripture about the "capable wife" and how her value was more than corals??? Back in the Old Testament the ancient Israelites prized a wife for her brains and capability. She ran the household, farm, supervised servants and kept everything going. This would mean she would have to, of necessity, speak up and be assertive. The ancient Israelite men adored her. So much so, they wrote poetry about her that endured 'til today.

So, what the HELL is wrong with these idiot men of today in this religion??? Just what is their problem?

• designs
    designs

LHG-

Selling Watchtowers on Saturday mornings makes you a woosie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good thread about how WTS wants all the wives to be Stepford wives.

I must point out that JW wives can vent their frustrations while out in the pioneer service with other wives during the week while their husbands are barely earning enough money to allow for this. They can talk to each other about how to stay "obedient" to their abusive neglectful husbands and the older single pioneer sisters can tell them to simply be grateful that they have a man, so "Shut up, clean the house, feed and read to the kids, and give him four hours a month for 'family study' so he can make MS or elder."

• sabastious
    sabastious

In my experience JW women mostly balk at these articles even if in private. They won't outright question the Society, but they know that it is unadulterated sexism. For some there really is no acceptable way out so they just make the best of it while daydreaming about Women Rights in the New System.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I mention this sexism to my mother, an active jw, now and then. It's obviously a trigger for her as she usually bursts into defense of how the Bible teaches to treat woman with dignity and respect. I don't think her and I are reading the same book.

-Sab

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Flipper,

It is admirable for your lurking JW friend to provide you with some spiritual food, but to lighten the burden on them and to get faster service, why don't you go directly to the spiritual "buffet" here. In full color and free instant delivery.....

Enjoy your meal

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Flipper poster AnnOMaly picture of the stepford wives is exactly what they look like a bethel. All modest and ready to serve their man. Totally ADD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Their attitude towards women is what I find the most objectionablge. Thirty years after leaving, just reading that excerpt made me feel like knocking on a door and calling a man out for a physical confrontation. My mom earned the money. She turned her paychecks over to our father. He could not attend to proper JW duties but almost killed my siblings and myself for our lack of devotion. What continue to strikes me is that these evangelical Christian men aren't manly. They have low paying, ineffectual jobs. Yet I must submit. They don't come close to my Bible knowledge and my world knowledge. Yet I am to submit.

I will think about submitting when these men earn true money. Maybe submit when they know their basic Bible knowledge. My father was abusive physically and emotionally. My brother became a Maoist for decades. Cults must be in the DNA. Grow up and be a man. I believe the expression in the West is cowboy up. Secure men with true skills would not be so fragile. A woman would be seen as a companion, not an enemy.

For those who don't respect women, I have my eyes on you. You aren't getting away with anything. I know many true men. True men don't put women down. These losers are too much. And what is wrong with women? I understand about the generational nature of abuse and how crippling the syndrome is. I've fought. Fight for yourselves. Grow up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit