May 15th WT - Wives Should be Obedient, Submissive & Not Disagree

by flipper 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Josie.

What about the JW men who withhold sex to punish their wives?

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- I will read yours my friend. I only responded tonight to pg. 1 as I'm not feeling too well. Think I have a touch of the flu or a cold coming on. Need to get my sleep. Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to reading & responding in the morning. Take care

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

My hubby sort of like the headship rule when I was studying....he started making more decisions regarding family life etc....but when I told him I wasnt allowed to give him oral sex anymore, he stopped encouraging my association with the JW...funny that..

Had a few JW wives out yesterday, they looked so downtrodden and dejected, trailing after the husbands, I really felt sorry for them. I know some elders wives that could silence their hubbys with a glare though

Im so glad Im not part of that crap anymore. And hubby is well happy

Paula x

(Get well soon Mr Flipper) x

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Thanks Mr Flipper, It's great that you were regular in child support. All the sadder that your ex-wife was OK with turning your daughters away from you, or was that purely the religion?

Also hope you feel better soon.

Another thought, more on topic - I notice the watchtower seems to try and differentiate itself from other Christian religions; yet their notions on women's place fit right in with extreme fundamentalist protestant groups. Odd, isn't it? As other posters have said, they belong in the middle ages or further back.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Flipper for anther great post.

I did not have the time to read all the comments but I did read Lady Lee's she is spot on.

I too was the wife who tried to feel it was an honor to have an elder for a husband though I hated every minute of it and felt such guilt over it. I tried and tired to live what that screwed up WT says and instead of being happy like the WT says I just truly wanted to die. I thought over and over of taking my life because I just could not understand why I was feeling so horrible. There had to be something wrong with me right? Both my husband and I were following that WT to the tee so why was I so sad and depressed it should be an honor to never have you husband home and have him helping other people, have him gone listening to all their problems so when he comes home he is so wiped and stressed out that he has truly nothing left to give you. Life should be happy living that way right at least that is what the WT just said right?

Now I know I was so depressed because the religion is so screwed up.

Thanks for you post again.

LITS

• tec
    tec

The rank and file is the wife to the GB, the husband. Wives are treated as the rank and file are treated. No questioning. No talking back. No disobedience.

I know this is how Paul described the church (people) as the wife, and Christ (husband). I know the GB is not Christ, but they do put themselves in his seat, and claim to speak for him.

FHN - Men (not all) don't see the problems in a marriage when they're young and IN the marriage. Women get tired of trying to explain or defend and failing to be understood... one day they stop explaining, and then one day they leave. Sounds like your husband might be understanding what he lost now. Sad, all the way around.

Tammy

• flipper
    flipper

I QUIT- Good points. A lot of JW husbands were dumber than rocks so it wasn't a big stretch that it made their wives look that much smarter ! Which in most cases was true ! Many wives of JW elders and wives of JW men experienced much pain being dissed by boorish husbands. Sad.

DESIGNS- So your wife keeps you an honest man eh ? Keeps you on your toes does she ? LOL !

LONG HAIR GAL- The problem is these idiot JW men and leaders of the WT society are mind controlled and influenced by a patriarchal chauvanistic view of women which is old fashioned and outdated. It keeps women and children controlled and sedated. Pretty wicked actually.

OTWO- Yes, JW wives CAN and probably do vent to each other about the boorishness and abuse regarding their JW husbands- but I've heard some women on the board here say they had to be careful of WHO or WHICH JW woman they'd tell these problems to or they'd be ratted out to the elders as rebellious. So there was an undercurrent at times of elders wives competing and pitting themselves against OTHER elders wives. I've seen so much over the years in this cult- it's not funny. Crazy !

SABASTIOUS- Very true what you say. I think the younger generation of JW women aren't going to tolerate as much dissing from men as the older generation did. That being said- there is still the fear factor which keeps too many JW women quiet about it and unwilling to speak up. As your mom defends it- younger women will not.

Taking a pause for breakfast right now - I'll be back a little later and continue to answer pg. 2 & 3. Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jgnat
    jgnat

The one who holds the purse-strings rules. I had this revelation when I realized I could veto anything hubby suggested. 2,000 years ago, when there were few women of personal wealth (without a male sponsor), Paul's advice made sense. Not any more.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How diminutively unjust and degrading to woman, of course JW men love this social arrangement for it places power and control right into their hands.

Its almost like they are trying to emulate the social morals of a ancient civilization that existed somewhere long ago in the middle east.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Articles like that make me soooo happy that I married a "worldly" guy. In our marriage, we do things according to our strengths, not stereotypical gender roles. I'm really organized, so I take care of our finances and bills. I like to cook and bake, so I usually do that (he makes a great curry stirfry!) He likes to clean, so he does most of the laundry and dishes. Other house and lawn chores get split by what we want to do, or dislike the least. Works for us so far, we'll be married 8 years in May. That's longer than a few jw couples that I know- ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit