LETS TALK SATAN....WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

by Quentin 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

ts, so God has rendered them mostly harmless, correct?

-Sab

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Not harmless, no.

They can inspire fear and haunt you until your passing unless you can rid them by prayer. They can arouse curiosity in persons who are looking for something new and "spiritual". They have lived for aeons and know all there is to know about human emotion and behavior.

Since they're already on Satan's side, their only job is to convince you to join theirs. For those that don't believe in God and his Word, their job is already done.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LeSabre, I simply meant that the Evil One is first called "Satan" in 1 Chronicles 21.

I believe this one is the source of all evil, that he is cunning, deceptive, malicious, treacherous, and wicked.

I also believe that he wants all Creation to become like him.

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They can inspire fear and haunt you until your passing unless you can rid them by prayer. They can arouse curiosity in persons who are looking for something new and "spiritual". They have lived for aeons and know all there is to know about human emotion and behavior.

Your remedy for demon attacks is strikingly similar to how the human brain conquers fear. Fear is physically debilitating because of the biological overdrive it puts us in. Only the mind can get us out that initial state so that we can take on the task at hand. Prayer is talking to God within one's mind, but with prayer the power is dulled out by God.

We have a similar concept here.

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Have I mentioned lately that I believe Jehovah is Satan?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Prodigal Son, wouldn't that be the ultimate irony?

TruthSeeker, I'm in agreement with you.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wuz gotta believe the Devil is real, I need somebody to throw the mess I do on

otherwise I could'nt say " The Devil made me do it " he is truly my scapegoat

• Twitch
    Twitch

I don't believe in spirits of any kind. Evil can exist in the hearts of some without the need for a archetype to personify it.

• VIII
    VIII

Didn't read the whole thread, sorry.

When I was a Dub, of course, I thought Satan and his Demons were out there just waiting to *get me*. How? Not really sure. At night sometimes I'd wake up terrified that they were under the bed and if the sheet wasn't tucked in tightly that was it, I was toast, they'd get me from under the bed.

Now, nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. I am more afraid of the coyotes outside. Literal, wild coyotes.

I got into a conversation with my JW mom last week on this.

She is convinced my BIL is DEMONIZED. Literally, completely DEMONIZED.

Why? Because he is a complete and utter POS. I mean Douche Bag. With a capital D and B.

So, her answer for his bordering on criminal behavior?

He's Demonized.

She said "I know you don't believe in it. I prayed to Jehovah and he told me Jxxx is Demonized. I just knew it. It would explain the look in his eyes. Have you noticed he won't look you in the eyes??"

Me to Mom "Huh. Well, since he won't look you in the eyes how can you see the Demons or even "The Look"?"

She realized I was being sarcastic and immediately tried to drop it.

I said "Look, he is just a big XXXXX " and I called him a few really filthy names. (Believe me, if I cataloged all the things this guy did, he'd be in jail)

She looked shocked, decided I was right and followed suit.

So much for Satan.

No I don't believe in him or his minions.

I think (some) people are Douche Bags.

• lesabre
    lesabre

snowbird..... how is satan the one source of evil? especially when you see in Biblical Hebrew, that it isn't a name or title for one specific being. it's an action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit