LETS TALK SATAN....WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

by Quentin 84 Replies latest jw friends

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in him or the big G. On the other hand, while I was in transition I thought that Satan was better than the alternative, and toyed with Theistic Satanism for a bit.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Matthew 4:1-11 Did Jesus recognize Satan as being real, or do you think he was talking to the evil from within? If you think the latter, keep in mind that Jesus was perfect and without evil.

What got Satan stripped of his power to enter a dead human and masquerade as a deceased person? Jude 9. When Satan wanted to fool the Israelites in the wilderness after Moses' death by entering Moses body and appearing to come back to life in the flesh, he was opposed by Michael. Only through casting a visual manifestation can they perpetrate fraud.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Because they choose not to be good: Free Will!
    -Sab

LOL.

Do you agree that choosing good is beneficial to all?

Syl

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sab,

The Bible was completed 2,000 years ago so it is impossible to say what the most dangerous thing they have done in our time could be, many would have their own views and opinions, but I believe that we are in a spiritual war and they are the most dangerous foe we could have.

• lesabre
    lesabre

p.s. all you satan believers...... you should look at the scriptures in Biblical Hebrew. G-d sent his angel as a "satan" in the talking donkey story. every time the hebrew word "satan" is used, it refers to an angel or man acting as a hinderance to someone else. there never was a "Satan" until the "NT". not even in Job. in Job, the word used is "ha-satan". "ha" means "the". when you read the account in Hebrew, you see that it was a regular angel acting as "the adversary" in the story. "satan" is more like the attitude of the person/angel at the time.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We/I know, LeSabre.

"The one called Devil and Satan ..."

Syl

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I believe Satan is a mythical creature who is a dumb son of a bitch.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

All of God's intelligent creations have free will, including the angels.

It was on his own accord that Satan became evil by going against the will of God.

“You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every kind of precious stone covered you: carnelian, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and emerald. Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold; they were prepared on the day you were created. You were an anointed guardian cherub, for I had appointed you. You were on the holy mountain of God; you walked among the fiery stones. From the day you were
    created you were blameless in your ways until wickedness was found in you.” Ezekiel 28:12-15 (HCSB)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LeSabre,

If we're quibbling over names then fair enough, but the bible makes it clear which angel fell.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The Bible was completed 2,000 years ago so it is impossible to say what the most dangerous thing they have done in our time could be, many would have their own views and opinions, but I believe that we are in a spiritual war and they are the most dangerous foe we could have.

What is the most dangerous thing you have ever heard of them doing within your family's generation?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit