LETS TALK SATAN....WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

by Quentin 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The real power they possess is to confuse people and make them believe things other than what the Bible says.

So by making items fly around by themselves, and the like, they are effectively distracting the humans involved from the truth: The Bible and it's contents and means for salvation, correct?

-Sab

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sab,

Yes, you're right - you would think that superior intelligent creations would do something purposeful with their life - unlike humans who come under the ransom sacrifice, the fallen angels do not - they know they have a death sentence hanging over them and there is nothing they can do about it.

When you're created perfect and sin wilfully, there is no place to go but down.

Some fallen angels delight in terrifying people because they can do so and they have plenty of free time since they no longer carry out their original assignments.

Consider the info at this link: http://www.nightwatchmanchronicles.com/INT/DianaPossession.htm

The bible makes it clear that Satan is good at deception. Those that believe in him, especially the demons, fear him. Others that don’t believe, he either makes believers out of them, by having his demons have some fun at scaring them. That’s how the demons view it. They do things and then watch for response. If your hair goes up on the back of your neck and your pulse is racing, they get a good laugh out of terrorizing you. If you could see them do it you would be angry at how funny they think it is to screw with you.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Lesabre,

I get it, it's just convenient to use.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

When I was a JW I was terrified of Satan and the Demons. Watched what we bought used ect.....
    Today No ....No fear no Belief either.
    In fact the story of the Evil one taken that many Angels with him......
    Means 1 thing....
    Satan was on to something!!!!!!

• lesabre
    lesabre

snowbird.... how did the belief start in the garden? it was just a serpant. if "Satan" WAS the serpent, wasn't he then punished by being made to crawl on his belly over the face of the earth? i would think, that if "Satan" WAS the serpent, that this would mean that he was thrown to the earth then and there. yet, in Job, "ha-satan" is one of the angels who has a place in heaven.

1 choronicles, is again an angel sent by G-d. what was his job? giving a hard task like counting all those people would have taken some time, and acted as a hinderance in way. if it was "Satan" (being a certain fallen angel) then where is his evil act in that scripture? he told them to count the people. it was G-d who ended up getting mad cause Joab screwed up, and it had nothing to do with "Satan".

• lesabre
    lesabre

truthseeker....... ;)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, you're right - you would think that superior intelligent creations would do something purposeful with their life - unlike humans who come under the ransom sacrifice, the fallen angels do not - they know they have a death sentence hanging over them and there is nothing they can do about it.

Such a sentence would evoke more than childish mischief, no?

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

In esoteric teachings, Satan is a metaphor for human egos, the cause of all suffering. He is not a sentient being.

In order to evolve, there needs to be an adversary. This was a good illustration that I read in the book "Nano: The Technology of Mind Over Matter" by Kabbalistic Rav Berg:

Two young men with equal soccer ability are training to be professional players. One practices against an empty net, and the other against a skilled goalkeeper. Who's going to be the better player?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sab,

From what I understand they are limited in power - they are not permitted to directly kill people as was the case with Job's servants but that doesn't mean that they can't manoeuvre events.

Just as we all have our own personalities, so do they - they were created with god's attributes after all. Some probably want nothing more than to be left alone, others hate humans because they think we are too blame for their misfortunes.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In esoteric teachings, Satan is a metaphor for human egos, the cause of all suffering. He is not a sentient being.

Survival, the drive of the human ego, has no morals therefore would have a case for being the ultimate evil.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit