LETS TALK SATAN....WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

by Quentin 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Well first off, how powerful are the malevolent spirits that you believe in?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Then, why doesn't everyone choose to do good?

Because they are not good.

edit: because some are not good.

-Sab

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Scooby-Doo,

I agree partly with what you said - it is not a sin to hold an opinion - it is a sin to act on it if it defies the will of the Creator.

In the beginning of Mankind’s creation, there was light - in that all of creation was in harmony with the Creator’s will. The son of the Dawn, the Shining Morning Star, was placed over the planet Earth and the human family that God's son the Word had created to inhabit the Earth. Satan was the first to commit sin.

“Shining morning star, how you have fallen from the heavens! You destroyer of nations,
    you have been cut to the ground.” Isaiah 14:12 (HCSB)

Satan’s rebellion was a direct challenge against God's right to rule creation by righteousness. God accepted the challenge, and this is when the light was taken away from the world, because the first human subjects joined Satan in the rebellion. This was the beginning of the Spiritual War

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sab,

How powerful are they?

Not as powerful as they used to be. Before the flood, they could materialize into flesh and blood human beings and procreate but this power was taken away shortly after they rebelled.

They do have the power to materialize, that is they use their shell energy to manipulate their appearance all done by the catalyst of pure thought. It's called casting and is what gives them their "arms and legs".

Consider more of their nature...

Matthew 12:43 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it. “Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. “Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Because they are not good.
    edit: because some are not good.
    -Sab

Begging the question, so I'll ask it.

Why are some not good???

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In the beginning of Mankind’s creation, there was light - in that all of creation was in harmony with the Creator’s will. The son of the Dawn, the Shining Morning Star, was placed over the planet Earth and the human family that God's son the Word had created to inhabit the Earth. Satan was the first to commit sin.

As a writer I can spot melodrama when I see it. Giving the Satan character the "first sin" tag gives him an infamy at the highest level; very effective storytelling, nothing else.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why are some not good???

Because they choose not to be good: Free Will!

-Sab

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sab,

I didn't understand your comment - assuming you don't believe that's fine, everyone has free will to believe what they want.

Satan comitted the first sin because he is described as the father of the lie

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Not as powerful as they used to be. Before the flood...

What is the most dangerous thing recorded of them doing in our time?

-Sab

• lesabre
    lesabre

i agree with you quentin.... after researching what the Jewish belief is on satan...... i dropped that belief realllllllly quick! before, i believed that "he" was trying to guide my life, blah blah blah..... not no more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit