Discussion Topic God's Sudden Personality Change as Seen in the Bible

by charlie brown jr. 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Just to refresh peoples memories of Yahweh god of the bible there is some interesting information on this web site.

http://www.evilbible.com/

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I've enjoyed all the posts and thank you A Guest..

I like the fact the you say the Bible is not from God because that makes it easier to Understand when many claim God or Jesus talks to them...

I used to find that strange but it makes it easier for me to Understand.

I don't believe in God or Jesus but wouldn't call myself a true Atheist.

But I will admit I am a very STRONG APOSTATE!!!!!!!!!!

I try not to Judge others for their Faith..My wife is a very Strong Christian who knows how I feel but loves the person not his Faith Status

I truly had a STRONG Relationship with both for mor than 30 yrs...

I enjoy talking about Ideas cause what a waste if I just Deleted all those years.

The God of the OT ...Killing every human including babies ect all but those on the ARK....never sat well with me seeing it was so close to the Garden of Eden.

The God of the NT seemed like a Whimp!

I have enjoyed all the posts I hope to see more!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In the beginning, man created god. Man has made god what he needed him to be. Man fears the unknown. So, man puts a face on the unknown, a god(s) to explain away the unknown. Man believes his own lie, after a few generations. Then, rules come in that provide for heavy sanctions for disbelieving in the created god(s).

My only explanation that I can find is that Jesus was influenced by Buddhist thinking which had infiltrated the Middle East through tradesmen bringing back Buddhists to work in their homes. Jesus and Buddha had strinkingly similar births, lives, miracles, enlightenment, philosophy, and non-agression. Jesus is perhaps more aligned with Buddha then with Jehovah of the OT.

Skeeter

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Skeeter sounds like the song Dear God by xtc from the 80's

• AGuest
    AGuest
    My opinion of Revelation are in the words and images portrayed there.

Based on your interpretation, right, dear NS (again, peace to you)?

End of story.

Of course it is. That you don't know the "story" is... well... another story, though.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

No, I did not know of that song. Perhaps I'll do it as a ringtone on my phone! It was more a reference to the book, "History of God..." (I think).

Here's the best God I've ever met and explanation of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zd3bEkrVkg&feature=related

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Although the New Testament is less violent than the Old Testament, I am not sure that God became too much nicer (unless you are equating the human form of Jesus with God). There are plenty of Scriptures in the New Testament that discuss the horrors of judgement day that God and Jesus are waiting to inflict.

Also, Matthew 3:10-12:

Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. ‘I baptize you with water for repentance, but one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing-floor and will gather his wheat into the granary; but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.’

Matthew 13:40-43:

Just as the weeds are collected and burned up with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let anyone with ears listen!

Luke 12:4-5,49:

‘I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that can do nothing more. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! ... ‘I came to bring fire to the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Jwfacts.... I don't personally think of Jesus as God in the NT....

And those Scrips. are good ...but they are merely Threats ...not action like the God of the OT.

The God of Moses was ALL Action just ask Egypt....

Why the change of wait and you'll see.. His warnings of Old were meant with SWIFT action......

NT God..... those Threats are what Over 2000 yrs old ?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I dont think this 'god' of the Hebrews changed at all.

He is still the Hebrews god.

Jesus was a new kid on the block who's few teachings were turned into an entirely new religion, complete with a 'nicer' god.

this is the god of the christians. (mind you, when he has had enough of being nice, he still plans to slay most hordes of humanity)

The Hebrews writings were joined with the christians writings with lots of conveniant links back to the older material. A work given authenticity by including events from ancient days in its narative. (you know, like one of those novels about fictional people and events set in real history settings)

Perhaps the 'OT' and the 'NT' dont even belong in the same binding... (like the bible and the book of mormon) (both are bound together in my copy)

Them's my thoughts...

oz

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I will admit the New Test. is nothing but Jesus' story told 4 times ...then a couple stories after he dies ...then lots of Letters.

Oz i think your right sounds like a New Religion...

We should rip that section right out LOL

And isn't it true that most of the time when a Son takes over Dad's Buisness......

He runs it right into the ground and everyone Mumbles.....

You should've of seen what this thing was way back when!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit