Discussion Topic God's Sudden Personality Change as Seen in the Bible

by charlie brown jr. 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

OK I'm sure this has been talked to Death... but since we have a thread saying we're missing a good Debate Here we go....

When the Bible meant something to me way back when .....Even then I pondered...

God starts off as this Vengeful Being..."Listen to me or I'll lay your soul to Waste"

To his Enemies ....Keep your distance or you will feel the WRATH of Yahweh or if I want what you have ....best leave now unless any of you men wanna die

Then overnight.. he is patient, loving, kind, his Son says Love they neighbor. And he stops talking (cat got his tongue?)

Yes I know Jesus changes everything....but God never changes...but didn't he???

Let's see if we can have a Debate without picking on ones belief's or faith or thoughts Hell I wish Alice was here for this........well nahhh!

• The Finger
    The Finger

"I'll lay your soul to Waste"

Isn't that from sympathy for the Devil? Rolling Stones (Such a great song)

• sabastious
    sabastious

Jesus fulfils the Genesis Prophecy and is crowned Cosmic Badass and we're happy he's a whole lot nicer than his predecessor. Some could argue that he is harder on the wicked though, with Enteral Damnation and an Earth Purge?

-Sab

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Yes that was the Rolling Stones and ....

best leave now unless any of you men wanna die

Is Clint Eastwood from Unforgiven

Pale Rider was pt2 of High Plains Drifter which is a fav of mine also.

God changing to being a nice guy. That's one of the great hoaxes, same god same vengence, NT OT.

Where was his Vengence when his Son was killed all he did was make it dark shake the ground and have an open House at the temple? Where was the Fire and Brimstone.... He was active in the old days .... and when Stephen was stoned why didn't She-Bears appear??

• The Finger
    The Finger

God hasn't changed. He still hates what is bad.

The Unforgiven was a great film but I preferred the High plains Drifter

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid"

God has a plan!

• blondie
    blondie

I think Jesus changes though per the WTS as he implements the WTS prophecy that Jesus will destroy all non-jws (men, women, children, babies, and in the womb babies) forever at Armaggeddon.

• designs
    designs

Charlie-

God changing to being a nice guy. That's one of the great hoaxes, same god same vengence, NT OT.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear CBJr., and peace to you! I know that sometimes my responses come off as, well, maybe even trite, and this one may, as well, but that is not my intention. I could give you a lengthy treatise and do my usual line by line response, but I don't think that's necessary here. The answer to your question (God never changes... but didn't he??) can be summed up by the following words of my Lord:

"Woe, to you... scribes!" and

"I came to bear witness to the truth."

There is a REASON my Lord took issue with the scribes and counted them in with the hypocrites: what they WROTE... particularly about the Most Holy One of Israel... was false. It was even prophesied (by Jeremiah) that it would BE false (Jeremiah 8:8). And so, it was. Thus, my Lord said, in essence, that if one wanted to see GOD... one need only look at HIM (Christ).

Bottom line: the Most Holy One of Israel did not change, has not changed. It is earthling man who "changed" Him, in their writings, so as to scare their enemies. Want to know what God looks like, acts like, thinks like... likes... dislikes... does... and does not do? Look at His "image" - Christ. See THAT One... hear THAT One... and you will see and hear God. He is NOT God; he is the IMAGE of God, His reflection.

I realize that these things are not easy to do. Certainly if they are difficult for those who profess faith... how much more so for those who openly deny faith? But it can be done.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's not an answer Shelby that's just putting 100 more questions into the pile.

-Sab

• baltar447
    baltar447

Thank you Shelby for that. So many religions including the JWs put God's entire word up as inerrant, and this is a fresh perspective for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit